cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carriage Carri-lite 36max1

MookieKat
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have this model? Would like to hear the pros and cons and your experience with it.

Also, what is your TV? Thx in advance for your help!
6 REPLIES 6

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a 2008 Cameo and then a 2012 Cameo. The 2012 was a nice trailer, but I think at that point the quality was falling off as they were going out of business.

The 2009 year and a few years before it had issues with the slide motors and drives. They used a mechanical gear drive system and the motor mounts were not secure allowing the motor to shift and disengage with the gears and strip gear teeth. This is an issue that can be fixed by a knowledgeable tech.

Run the slides in and out a few times. They should move in and out smoothly with out a lot of noise such as clunks, creaks, grinding, etc. If they are loud and jerky, they need to be repaired.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Larry_1190
Explorer
Explorer
SORRY..... I pull with a 2014 Sierra Denali 3500 CC/DRW 4x4

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Larry 1190 wrote:
Same opinion as jw and Bunklash... I have a 2011 36Max1 and love it. I have owned 3 Carriage 5th wheels sense 1999 and wouldn't have anything else. Your second question was about the TV's, I have a 40" Sony in the living room and a 22"Sony in the bed room. Enjoy your travels and you couldn't pick a better unit.

P.S: If you haven't yet checked, go to www.carriage-lifestyle.owners.com and check this website.

I meant "towing vehicle" by TV. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Larry_1190
Explorer
Explorer
Same opinion as jw and Bunklash... I have a 2011 36Max1 and love it. I have owned 3 Carriage 5th wheels sense 1999 and wouldn't have anything else. Your second question was about the TV's, I have a 40" Sony in the living room and a 22"Sony in the bed room. Enjoy your travels and you couldn't pick a better unit.

P.S: If you haven't yet checked, go to www.carriage-lifestyle.owners.com and check this website.

Bunklash
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto on the Carriage quality. We've had ours since new with no significant issues. I highly recommend it.
USAF retired
'08 Cameo F35SB3
'02 F350 PSD, CC, SRW, 2WD
One terrific wife

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Have the Cameo with similar layout and they are a great unit. Quality units with a lot of standard equipment. I pull with F-350 Duelly 7.3 PS Diesel. You will need the same size truck and power if you are going to do a lot of traveling.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)