cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coachman Chaparral

sk734
Explorer
Explorer
I am Looking at some of these 5th wheels. Any floor problems?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

prd2hnt
Explorer
Explorer
We love our Chaparral. No problems.
Brian & Kathy
Max - 9 year old Springer
'18 Chaparral 30rls
'07 GMC Sierra Duramax 4x4 Extended cab, long box
B&W Companion Turnover Ball
'15 Bennington 21SLX

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
It is a typical entry level RV. Light weight construction, Lippert frame, etc.

Those qualifications would make about 99% of all RV's made today an entry level RV. Including the Grand Design Solitude we dumped because of its total lack of build quality, which is advertised thus.

"Affordable Luxury Extended Stay Vehicle

If more room is what you desire, Solitude is the most spacious Extended Stay Fifth Wheel ever built! The Solitude RV delivers taller ceilings, taller, deeper cabinets, larger scenic window areas, a full 6' 8" tall slideout, and a body width that measures a full 101 inches!

You may be looking for an extended stay unit to live in for months at a time... but you just may want to live in this one for the rest of your life!"

Not even close LOL. Not only did we not want to live in it for the rest of our life, we did not want to camp another season in the piece of junk and were fed up with the constant issues most of which were more than small easily fixed items.

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
I had a Coachmen Chaparral for 13 years. Floors never were a problem. Had one piece of delamination on bedroom window.
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
It is a typical entry level RV. Light weight construction, Lippert frame, etc. Floor issues typically come from poor construction and poor maintenance. All RV will eventually leak, so you have to stay ahead of the issue and keep them sealed.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot