cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering moving to Grand Design Reflection 307MKS

stationaryfullt
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a 2008 Jayco Eagle 328RLS now for 8 years and have it completely paid off. Since it's getting a bit long in the tooth in terms of impending major appliance failures, as evidenced by the fridge dying, I decided to start looking for a replacement. Last week I stopped by a local RV dealer and came across the Grand Design Reflection 307MKS. Being a fulltimer with a full desktop PC, I immediately fell in love with it. It ticks all the boxes in terms of:

• Having a nice size built-in desk
  • Plenty of kitchen counter space
  • Being light enough to be towed by my 1989 Chevy Dually
  • Under 35 feet long

When I spoke to the salesperson is where I started to not be pleased. The dealer was claiming a $62,000 base price, and that he "talked his manager down to" $49,000 and can give me $7,500 for my existing camper. I feel like it's still a little high. I'm hoping I can negotiate having them install slide toppers/awnings over all the slides and putting a dishwasher in the island, but am I asking too much, or not enough?

Honestly, I paid asking price for my 1-year old Jayco when I bought it used from a different dealer. I probably could have negotiated it down lower, but I was naive then...

Thanks for any help and suggestions offered!
15 REPLIES 15

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
How often do you move? Not being snarky but your screen name makes it seem that you pretty much stay put.
If that is the case why get another 5 er?
The advantage to a 5er is towing ease, if you stay put, you are not using that advantage.