cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Considering these 4 FWs - Opinions wanted

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
So, here are 4 FWs I'm considering, with my comments. Any opinions are appreciated.

KZ Durango 1500 D284RLT - 800 lbs lighter GVW and almost 3' longer than my Komfort (longest of these 4); KZ has excellent rep for quality, from what I've read; largest holding tanks of these 4; most expensive, by far; 2 year warranty

Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS - 1,350 lbs lighter GVW and about 20" longer than my Komfort; much smaller black tank (not great for boon docking); good quality rep, according to the forums; mid-priced; 2 year warranty

Crossroads Cruiser Aire CAF27RL - < 100 lbs heavier GVW and only about 8" longer than my Komfort; there seem to be more quality issues with Crossroads, according to the forums; price comparable to the Jayco; 1 year warranty

Crossroads Cruiser Aire CAF28SE - 340 lbs heavier GVW and about 20" longer than my Komfort; same concerns about Crossroads' quality; price between the Jayco and KZ; 1 year warranty

Anybody with suggestions for similar FWs of other brands? Any comments on these 4? Money is a concern so the KZ is a long-shot, though I do like it a lot, especially the tank sizes. My biggest issue with it is that damn black front cap. It's =sunny= in AZ! Personally, I do like the Jayco because of its reputation and its weight, though the black tank issue does bother me. Jayco will not share schematics on the plumbing, so I don't know if there might be room for a slightly larger tank, once it's out of warranty. They certainly won't entertain a custom tank.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member
30 REPLIES 30

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
I vote out of those choices for the kzwell built trailers