cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do I neeed it the air bag helper suspension.......

Traisc
Explorer
Explorer
Let me start by saying what this novel is about. SHORT ANSWER WITH MY SETUP DO INNEED THE AIR HELPER suspension or not? And what would be the big monumental difference I would make.

Greetings everyone. New to the forum here. Well Iโ€™ve beeen around reading over the years but new to actually registering and posting. So hereโ€™s my dilemma. Iโ€™m not an expert rvโ€™r by any means but Iโ€™ve driven my fair share around to places. Daughter plays travel soft ball for yโ€™all that knows how all that goes. Anyway I have a 2012 Jayco Eagle 375BHLT. Factory weight around 12.7K added a 7kw gen making weight with a full take of water pushing 14k. Thatโ€™s before clothes food and all the other things that come from having a camper. I WAS (keyword) using a 2011 F250 diesel for tow vehicle. Used it awhile but it just didnโ€™t feel like the power was there and that I was at the top end of towing capacity. Which I learned Iโ€™m pretty sure I was. Wife got in a mood one day and made a comment maybe I should get a bigger truck. Well that was all I needed to hear... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED ,,,,,,, BOOOM, One week later I had a 2017 Chevrolet 3500 HD crew cab diesel Dually sitting at my house... yay for me. So I had gooseneck hitch installed in bed, used our gooseneck to 5 adapter rails. Dropped in 16k Hidden Hitch and took off. My. GOD st the difference that made. Ride was smoother more comfortable. Not jerky. Had power. Quieter, It was insane! I canโ€™t give you tongue weights are anything because I donโ€™t know. So I have heard a lot and read a lot and researched a lot on these air helper springs ride rite and airlift, which they sound great but no one has addressed if a person needs them. Or how to know if your truck needs them. Do you judge on the sag of the bed? How much it drops or what? I mean if you have a light load all the time then spending 800 dollars for a wireless system is pointless if it never does anything. My truck sits up in the rear as is supposed to. After dropping 5r on it it drops about 2inches. Kinda levels out. Would I benefit any from air bags or not? I donโ€™t want drop that kinda money if itโ€™s not gonna save me money later or may not make much of difference that I would feel? Every site talks about they make it smoother or they make it ride better? Well ok this is from the people that had sagging trucks. Or they were talking about f150s or some 2500s. I just want some advice. I would love to hear that it wonโ€™t make difference with that truck and to save my money. ;). But only if itโ€™s true. Hahah. Just your honest opinion. Is my sag too much? Does it warrant the system or is no you donโ€™t need it your not hauling enough. Or is hey itโ€™s not about sag you need to check such a such and what itโ€™s doimg? Itโ€™s already a phenomenal improvement over my ford 250. But if itโ€™s something saves suspension or creates a ride is godlike then tell me. Everything is comparative I know. My truck camp are was like saying well heโ€™ll if you take a frigerator and push it up a hil and take that same fridge and put it in a dolly and pull it up then yeah itโ€™s gonna be phenomenal. Sorry for the tangent. Just please give me good advice on what Iโ€™m looking for. How do I know if I need them for my setup? And if so what would I expect on top of what I already feel? Thanks yโ€™all.
15 REPLIES 15

jay5er
Explorer
Explorer
Air Lift Corp, Lansing Michigan