cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First 5th wheel advise

M_R_E_
Explorer
Explorer
My son-in-law is looking for a good first 5th wheel under 32'. He will be pulling it with a Ram 2500 CTD.I am not sure what to recommend in that size for two people. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
toolmaker
18 REPLIES 18

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Depends a lot on the specifics of the truck what he can pull.

Payload is usually the controlling limit for 3/4 ton trucks. Probably looking at 12-14k GVWR trailers depending on the truck payload limit.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Grand Design Reflection 303RLS and absolutely love it. It has ample room if stuck inside on rainy days. We are not the type to take everything with us but the kitchen sink so it has plenty of storage for us.

Pulls great with a 3/4 ton.

Good Luck in shopping!

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Whatever the wife likes that's within the budget.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
My advice is to give us your son-in-lawโ€™s truck numbers....GVWR, payload, people riding in the truck, stuff (weight) carried in the truck etc.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad