cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Holiday Rambler Imperial

Tim_Nowicki
Explorer
Explorer
Long time member on the class A forum. Lookin to switch to a fiver. Few questions on a 1997 Holiday Rambler Imperial. Thoughts, opinions,your advice. Thanks Guys and Girls.

1) 1997 HR Imperial. 34 FT 34SRS
2) two slides.
3) I Never had slides before. Slide construction and design seems to be well done. But I'm no expert.
4) Slides seem to work well. (20 years old)
5) appears to have hung wall construction, metal siding. No delam problems with this. (I am assuming)
6) CCC seems to be good 2290 LBS
7 Roof looks good. not aluminum, does not appear to be rubber. TPO?

Thanks
Tim
3 REPLIES 3

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
The HR Imperial was a premium trailer. If it's well taken care of its far superior in quality to most of the trailer's built today. That said appliances ware out and interior will probably be dated.

fnswhitfield
Explorer
Explorer
I had a HR 5 er a bit older than that and I considered it to be excellent. I believe the exterior is aluminum. I know that roof options were aluminum or rubber for several years, until Monaco took them over. You might want to check the seals around the slides to see if they're still flexible, not cracked, etc. If the slides aren't hydraulic, check to see that the motors, gears, etc. are accessible for each slide. Good luck

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Trailers are so poorly built that I have a natural aversion to anything more than a few years old.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE