Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

K-Z RVs, considering a 315RKD Durango

IronHide13
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

Does anyone on this forum own a KZ-RV? We are considering one after searching for something smaller than our current 5th wheel. Hate the idea of trading in, but we really love the 315RKD, and it's considerably smaller than our current 5th wheel. Has anyone ever ordered from the factory, or through a dealer? There are some options that we want that weren't on the one sitting in the dealer lot. If we do this, we want to do it right since we will want to keep it for a while.

Thanks much for your advice!
20 REPLIES 20

katfish
Explorer
Explorer
We have had two Kz's one in 2005 toy hauler an now a 2012 (StoneRidge)Both have been great unit an issue free. Our dealer Opelika Rv in Alabama, was great to work with. We were new to rving in 2005 so we have learned a lot, we got the 2nd KZ because the first one was really good... Have fun an good luck...
"Every day is a adventure and every trip is a voyage of Discovery"
Steve & Cathy
U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
2012 KZ StoneRidge 36ul
2004 Dodge 3500 (Diesel DRW)
Advanced Air Rider hitch

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2005 285RLX2 fifth wheel for 9 years. It was an excellent mid range trailer. KZ sold out a couple of years ago so I am not sure of there quality anymore.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
we just got our leftover 2015 Durango and I've been very impressed so far. Build quality seem way better than my last Forest River product.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

I special ordered my 2008 KZ Montego Bay back in 2008 and it was a fantastic unit! KZ was wonderful to work with on anything needed. I am not sure if that all stayed the same once Thor purchased them a year or so ago,>??

I took a trip to the factory to have a slide issue looked at after warranty , they fixed that and several other small issues all at no charge, and smiled the whole time !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
I've owned 2. I can tell you I had far fewer issues with my KZ's than I've had so far with my Keystone.
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7
2019 Keystone Alpine 3021

Charley67
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Sportsman 5th wheel. It was okay, but I don't think it came up to the level of the Carri-Lite I had before or the Designer I have now.