cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landing Gear Problem

ford-willy
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up my big 2009 Grand Junction 5ver from the desert winter storage yard today. Unlocked the raise/lower flap door to press the rocker switch up to raise the rig a bit for hookup to truck. The rod that spins (that you could put a hand crank on if motor failed) wobbled about a half inch out off center when rotating and I could hear a knock as it spun, as if a gear was missing a tooth in the gear box. With the loud knocking noise I was able to get it hooked up and then raise the legs for travel up to my mountain home. I know it will probably fail at the worst probable moment on our next trip.

Upon getting home I started to inspect it all. I'm afraid to try and take it off the truck now. My trailer literature has no mention of the brand of my landing gear. The whole unit and legs on both the drive and slave side are so very enclosed from all sides that I cant see any sticker or such with a brand name or model number. In fact I cant imagine being able to replace the gear box, or motor, or even lube or maintain the unit in the future without removing a wall or steel or a combination of stuff, it is all so very isolated and enclosed.

The only trusted RV repair shop I have is an hour and a half drive from my mountain home. Has anyone dealt with this before or do you have any information I could use? --- Thanks
2009 Grand Junction 335TRL--2011 F350 Lariat 4X4 Dually Crew Cab, 6.7 Diesel, 6 Speed Auto, 3:73 Gears--One Great Towing Machine.---------
2016 Forest River Salem T21RBS
1 REPLY 1

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Already posted in the Tech Issues.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"