cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leak

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
just bought a 2014 seirra select 329re. went to hook up so while raising the front of the trailer, i noticed water pouring out of the rubber seam. this is the seam that joins the cap to the trailer right by the pin box. i did notice that half of the seal was not caulked. hope the water is not under the front skin. did look up on the roof their was a very small pin hole around a bracket so recaulked hope this works.
6 REPLIES 6

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
In the mean time buy a good dehumidifier (110V)to dry it out as soon as possible.

I hate duct tape but perhaps it will work to prevent any more water in it.

Get it back to some dealer any where's to document as others have said.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
File a claim with your insurance company. Even if they won't cover it, have an adjuster look at and document it.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
lee worsdell wrote:
wish it was that easy i bought it in ohio iam in canada,so wont be for awhile until vacation time. took a video of it an sent it to the dealer

There's a Sierra dealer less than 1 hour away from you in ON, according to the Sierra web site. Just getting it there and having them document it "officially", even if they don't repair it, would go a long way. Docs, docs, docs and pics, pics, pics are the name of the game, here.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
wish it was that easy i bought it in ohio iam in canada,so wont be for awhile until vacation time. took a video of it an sent it to the dealer

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
past-MIdirector wrote:
Take back to the dealer and get it documented and totally checked. Water damage is something you want documented since you could have real trouble months from now from water sitting hide inside!!!!

past-MIdirector
Explorer
Explorer
Take back to the dealer and get it documented and totally checked. Water damage is something you want documented since you could have real trouble months from now from water sitting hide inside!!!!