cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for slider hitch to go with B&W Turnover ball.

kc81c
Explorer
Explorer
I traded my F250 SB for a Ram 2500 Megacab SB. I have a B&W turnover ball installed and got a chance to try my companion hitch with it tonight hooked to our 2011 Heartland Sundance XLT 285BH. I can do a 80degree corner on flat ground but its a bit tighter then I'd like so I'm looking for a Slider. I know there was an option in the past that worked with the turnover ball and I thought the top part of the B&W companion or I see B&W has a slider now also. What are my options and who has used what.
2013 Ram 2500 Megacab 6.7L
2011 Heartland Sundance XLT 285BH
3 REPLIES 3

danojeno
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Colibert Rail Rider. It is a stout hitch, but over time, I have had a few issues. The hitch has become more difficult to slide. I thought this was due to gunk build up on the sliding surfaces, so I disassembled, lubed and re-torqued everything. Still a pain to slide. Also, when hitching, I now have to manually lock the lever, which used to automatically shut when the pin made contact. These issues could be due to my lack of maintenance, but the hitch is not yet two years old. If I had a spare $1,200 I'd look at the B&W. Better yet, get an auto-slider.
2006 Chevy 2500HD 8.1 4x4 CCSB (sold)
2012 Eclipse Stellar 28SBG, Spring Over Axle (Sold)

kc81c
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like the options are B&W companion or Colibert for manual slides or Pullrite for a auto slide. B&W and Colibert are both in that $1200 range. Pullrite needs an extra set of mounts when you put it with a B&W gooseneck ball but I'm not sure if they work on my 13 yet. That whole set up comes in around $1800. I havent decided which way to go yet manual or auto. B&W has treated me well so for a manuel I think I would go that way.
2013 Ram 2500 Megacab 6.7L
2011 Heartland Sundance XLT 285BH

flyinjake
Explorer
Explorer
KC,

I have the same truck style, Ram 2500 Mega 2WD, and looking at options before I buy the 5er. I like the idea of the under bed mount and see where B&W has a slider that will work with it. My thought is do I want to dive even deeper and look for a hitch that auto slides. I know its not a requirement but might prevent me from hearing that awful crashing sound. Let us know if you come across some interesting read.

Jake