Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oxidation removal and Ghosting

baboiler
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,
I have read many of the oxidation removal topics and the Red Max Pro procedures. I am wondering if the bar keepers friend removal of oxidation will lesson how noticeable the ghosting effects are of removed decals.
We have a '08 Keystone Laredo and the graphics are BAD!Sounds like Keystone is notorious for this problem. I would prefer removing all graphics and utilizing the Red Max method to bring back the shine. Re-paint or Replacing all graphics are not and option ($$$).
I would be interested to hear anyone with experience with how much the bar keepers friend helps the appearrence or "blending in" of the decal ghosts and if the application of the Red Max made the ghosts stand out more. Thanks.
2008 Laredo 30BH
2005 Chevy 3500 CC DW 4X4 6.0/4:10
2 REPLIES 2

baboiler
Explorer
Explorer
I guess if there was a easy answer I would have found it by now. I have also done quite a bit of youtube and google searching on this. The RV fits our needs and we really like it. The appearance is starting to bother me. It's the first thing I think of everytime I see it. Bummer!
2008 Laredo 30BH
2005 Chevy 3500 CC DW 4X4 6.0/4:10

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Not an easy question to answer. At this time I am removing red max pro after a 3 season nice and shining look. It started to flake off. Probably the decals changed the finish and nothing can remove the ghost look. I am guessing with no facts. I will apply poli glo this time.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110