cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PDI Question Here!

Gooselover
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, we pick up our new 5'ver on Tuesday. Again, it is a used unit, but in new condition.

Here in OK, it is cold and everything has been winterized. We went to see the unit today and give the dealership the fireplace to install. While there, we asked a couple questions about the PDI.

From what we were told, the unit has been tested and retested while inside over the Holidays....all systems are running. The dealership then rewinterized the unit.

Now, from what they have told us....they will SHOW and demonstrate how everything works and that it IS working. However, on the hot water tank, they will fire it up for a moment ONLY to show us that it does work - since it is empty of water and been winterized. We cannot test any faucets, etc. due to winterization, but the dealership said they will SHOW us by doing a pressure test that all systems are working and no leaks.

Does all this sound okay????? Temps here in OK are due to drop down to around 0 in the next couple days and the high will be about 20 when we pick it up. I just want to make sure that the dealership's procedure is correct - or should they dewinterize, show us everything is working, then rewinterize???? The dealership told us they would do whatever it takes to make us happy and I just want to make sure everything is working.

So, your opinions????? Oh, I should mention that the dealership is giving a 30 day warranty for everything. We can take the coach home and plug it in, but should we dewinterize - check everything ourselves then rewinterize?????? I want to make sure all is in good order.
Charlie & Jeri
2013 Keystone Cougar 327RES
2013 Dodge Ram 3500 EC
15 REPLIES 15

trnfla
Explorer
Explorer
I would make them dewinterize it, prove that everything works, then rewinterize it. I don't think they are moving many units during this time. IMO
Now 2004 Winnie Minnie 31C
Had 2007 Zeppelin 190 Hybrid,
1999 30' Dutchman Classic FW