cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Prime Time Crusader

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
Just finish going a round with Prime Time about the faded brown front cap on my trailer. It seems they know there is a problem with the caps because they are now painting them on their new trailers They are also paying to paint trailers that are less then two years old. I asked since they knew of the problem with all their brown caps on old and new why not fix original owners too. I was told my trailer is too old (2012). Now that what I call taking care of your customers. Needless to say I'm not very happy with Prime Time. They'll have you to believe that they are a step above the others but in fact they are no better then the next guy. If anyone should ask me about buying a Prime Time product I would say look at the other guy.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport
1 REPLY 1

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Prime Time isn't any different than countless others that used and are still using colored gel-coat. My grey Heartland went bad and they covered the front cap and painted it when it was 2 years old. Now the rear cap went and it was painted on my nickel. I looked at a new Cedar Creek and found they still use gel-coat. When I called the factory to see if they would pay to paint it WHEN it goes bad they said they will cover it for the first year under warranty which to me means they would buff it out. Nothing said about painting it though. They also claim they have a new gel coat product that isn't supposed to fade that they started using on the 2015 models. I didn't think the last ones were supposed to fade either...I was offered a reasonably good deal on a 2016 Cedar Creek but the fact that they won't go with painted caps unless I spring for the expensive full body paint is a deal breaker for me...One less new Cedar Creek 36CKTS they will be selling.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS