cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ram 2500 Short Bed question

Brad_IN
Explorer
Explorer
Over the weekend I traded off my Chevy 2500 short bed and finally upgraded to a diesel. However I chose to go with the 2020 RAM 2500 short bed.

My Ram has the puck system, however it seems the bed and possibly the cab to Axle distance on the ram is a little shorter. And I have to get a 90 turn at the house to maneuver.

Does anyone know what the distance from cab to Axle is on the Ram 2500 short bed? And do you guys think I should look at possibly going with a slider with 12โ€ aft/fore travel instead of a 10โ€ like my old hitch was?

Would love to hear what you all think.

Thanks in advance!
16 REPLIES 16

Brad_IN
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the Info Jerry! I have to say it is nerve racking when you are in that position to make that tight turn! I have to say that on the Chevy it will make contact with the tailgate. Made that mistake!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
IIRC, the Ram axle center to cab is only 37-38"s on your model, vrs the GM 42-43"s. To turn 90 degrees, obviously a slider is needed. Be aware, with only 6.3' of bed length, and too much slide you could contact the tailgate, moving pinbox back.

I never could understand a 90 degree backing, which to me is just twisting trailer side ways, not backing.

Jerry