cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Residential refrigerator service?

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a residential refrigerator, but might someday. Who services them? RV dealer? Sears? The local refrigerator tech? Anybody that doesn't run when they see where it is?
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive
5 REPLIES 5

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, it's kinda scary. Even the wife is getting interested. I drove from Houston to Maryland for the Bigfoot.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

TxGearhead wrote:
^^^Great outcome.
Pure coincident...the local furniture store owner was putting flags out near my sidewalk for the Lions club for July 4. I asked him about working on a fridge in a RV. Yeah sure we do them, as long as its not a LG.
Yeah Ford guy I'm paranoid about letting the RV dealer work on a real refrigerator. I gave up on them with my Dometic RV unit. Took it to my local Mom and Pop repair shop. Fixed. I'm running up to Cleburne tomorrow to look at a Redwood 2017 3401RL and a Carriage. 4.5 hour drive to just look. Just look. Just look.

Thats funny... just look ! !! Keep telling yourself that..
I like those Carriage's, especially for the price point, BUT they are NOT the Carriage of old.... Look at them as a lesser version of the Redwood...

I am partial to Not only the Redwood, but the RL, we really loved ours... 4.5 hrs is nothing... We are in SE PA... there are 2 redwood dealers close to us that had the colors we were thinking about on the floor... 1 was 3 hours away, and 1 was 4.5 hours away in MA..

Since the folks in MA were open on Sunday, we got up at 6 on a Saturday and drove to the dealer 3 hrs away... went home, slept and left at 6 on Sunday to hit the dealer in MA..

When you have the ITCH..... you WILL SCRATCH IT :B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
^^^Great outcome.
Pure coincident...the local furniture store owner was putting flags out near my sidewalk for the Lions club for July 4. I asked him about working on a fridge in a RV. Yeah sure we do them, as long as its not a LG.
Yeah Ford guy I'm paranoid about letting the RV dealer work on a real refrigerator. I gave up on them with my Dometic RV unit. Took it to my local Mom and Pop repair shop. Fixed. I'm running up to Cleburne tomorrow to look at a Redwood 2017 3401RL and a Carriage. 4.5 hour drive to just look. Just look. Just look.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

on my last fiver I had a Fishel Paykel dishwasher that was not draining..I KNEW the dealer would be useless so I called the 800 #... That tech stayed on with me truing to diagnose the issue for 2 hours.. They even had me run a full cycle and took my number and said they would call me after, they did.

Long story short, they ended up setting up service to come to my location to repair, which they did twice.

I made sure I also told them it was a fifth wheel, and they just asked for the zip of where I would be for the time...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
When we first got our Montana High Country in September 2018, I could not figure out how to get the ice maker to work. I contacted my dealership and they told me I needed to contact the manufacturer of the refrigerator, which happened to be Samsung.

I did contact them, and after some initial miss-communications, connected to the right people. They told me they would send a service technician to the location of the refrigerator for service. I made sure they knew it was brand new AND in a Fifth Wheel trailer RV. The tech was not rattled by that information at all.

Well, long story short, by describing what was going on with my refrigerator, he ended up diagnosing the problem over the phone and I was able to fix it myself.

Bottom line is, at least if you have a Samsung, they will service the refrigerator, .... and by the way ... he assured me if they came out to service it, there would be no charges since it was brand-spankin' new.

I'm glad I continued to push a little over the phone, because the solution was very simple, and he told me that many people before me had the same problem.

Problem - solution: When the ice maker is off, the ice light icon is on, lit up. When the ice maker is on, the ice light icon is off. OMG! who would have thought. Since them we've had bushels of ice!