cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rockwood & Flagstaff

sk734
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at Rockwood 2442BS and Twin Flagstaff 554BBS. Small 5vers. My wife and I are older and want a couples coach. Anyone pulling one of these. How well does it tow and any serious issues. This will be our last RV. Thanks in advance.
Steve
5 REPLIES 5

sk734
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all your post. Yes, we will want theater seating.

4BIGAL
Explorer
Explorer
I can not really comment on the specific model 5th wheel that you listed but can tell you that we have had our Flagstafff 528RKS for 3 years now and it has been very trouble-free. It tows well and seems to be sturdy built. Ours is a 2019 that we purchased new 3 seasons ago.
2017 F-350, CREW, SRW, 6.2, 4.30, 4X4
2014 Coachmen 310BHDS

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
Take a look at the Keystone Cougar 25RES. Fits all your numbers and from experience (we have the 27SGS) very nice trailers.
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
No access to the pantry or fridge when the slides in and not sure but it looks like no access to the kitchen when the slides in as well. Not a fan of the dinning table. The one sitting next to the wall would feel cramped and getting in and out might be a hassle when another persons sitting next to them. Could always sit at the end of the table I suppose. Hardly any windows on the camp side would be a downer for us.
Other than my own subjective opinions I like Flagstaffs and Rockwoods for their Azdel and laminated roof construction. They're a little lite on other things like suspension and insulation but overall better than many out their.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like a nice couples floor plan, and at 8k dry and 10k wet the towing would depend on the tow vehicle used.
I would opt for theatre seating instead of a couch unless another bed required.