cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Park in Flagstaff AZ area

frac999
Explorer
Explorer
Someone please tell which RV park in Flagstaff would be the best for large 50 amp 5th wheel?
23 REPLIES 23

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
There really isn't any RV parks in the Flagstaff area that are too good. J&H is ok at best. Be warned the owners have strict rules that some may find odd. We were ordered to turn all outside lights off at 9pm and go inside. Earlier than that we were told our single lantern was too bright and must be turned down to very low (we had it about mid brightness). The next morning the owner came by and commented about a single empty bottle of wine left on our table outside. She told us that perhaps their RV park isn't a proper fit for us and we'd be better suited to an RV park where people drink. ODD!

Munds Park RV is nice but only the spots up against the forest. Other spots are out in the open near various permanent RV's and cabins away from most trees.

Woody Mountain is an ok campground style park, dirt roads and wooded. No campfires allowed. Owners are very nice. Our problem with it is that many of the spots are rather tight fits getting in and out.

Instead of the Flagstaff area, we've opted in recent years to stay 30 miles to the west on I-40 in Williams. Grand Canyon RV resort is hard to beat. Very nice modern resort. Circle Pines KOA is also a good choice. Its more of a campground area than an RV resort. Many spots are large for big rigs. Campfires allowed. Lots to do in the Williams area.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
One thing we found out real quick was to steer clear of downtown FLAGSTAFF close to the RAILROAD TRACKS. The East-West RAILROAD is very active with trains going every 5-10 minutes it seems all night long...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
J&H but be prepared for the 9.5 MPH speed limit. :B
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

big_bird_2
Explorer
Explorer
We too have stayed at J and H. It is not a modern facility, but it is clean and neat. There are many parks in Flagstaff, but none are standouts.
Big Bird 2

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
We spent the night at the J and H RV Park in Flagstaff, Arizona, last August. Very nice and would definitely stay there again. We ate dinner at a Cracker Barrel that was nearby.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

salem
Explorer
Explorer
According to that brochure, they're not opened yet. Says May - October. Ooops, sorry. I see you already noticed.

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
Can try here. Not open until May though.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA