cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide Out troubles

Kimura
Explorer
Explorer
One slide on my Cougar 293SAB will not move, clicking sound only. If I give the manual over ride a half turn it works fine, same thing either extended or retracted. Any thoughts?
1 REPLY 1

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like everyone heading out for their RV journeys haha... I just responded to a similar post here with almost the same symptom.. It sounds like a weak battery to me... Even if I am connected to Shore Power I still have to have my trailer battery in the circuit to make my slides work good. I suspect all will work just fine when you can get your battery recharged back up.

my trailer slideouts 12VDC power comes directly off the battery using these auto-reset 12VDC circuit breakers... These breakers are hanging off the battery terminals. When the slideouts draw too much current from dragging or low DC VOLTAGE they will cause this 12VDC circuit breaker to trip. Then around 2-4 seconds later the circuit breaker will reset itself after cooling down and it will try to operate again.

Looks something like this

Found this photo on google showing four such circuit breakers being used to control slideouts and landing gear from a WildcatCamper forum. These are apparently mounted on the wall adjacent to the batteries.

I have a similar arrangement connected directly to the 12VDC battery positive terminal on my off-road popup for raising the electric operated roof. Strapping two together like this apparently doubles the current capability of the circuit breaker. My POPUP has two 25AMP circuit breakers strapped together.

Just my observations
Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS