cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snow loads for Trailer

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone with any experience storing a trailer outside for winter and the build up of snow on the roof? I know about winterizing so no issue there. I can get a cover for the trailer but it is 34 ft. My question is once you have it all covered and parked, can the roof hold 3 feet of accumulated snow on a flat roof? The trailer is well built being a NUWA, but I don't want to pay the big bucks to storage it if I can help it. Any thoughts?
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie
17 REPLIES 17

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
ssthrd wrote:
In three winters, I never had a problem with a foot or so of snow as long as it was not wet which translates to heavy. I tried to stay ahead of the game by cleaning it off when I had the time. The most I had to deal with was about 18 inches which caused no issues. Mind you the roof on my Wilderness was curved.

A good gauge might be to clean it when the RV dealers do their inventory.

No one will be around to clean it off so this is why I am asking the question
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winter snows are terrible in La Quinta I hear.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
In three winters, I never had a problem with a foot or so of snow as long as it was not wet which translates to heavy. I tried to stay ahead of the game by cleaning it off when I had the time. The most I had to deal with was about 18 inches which caused no issues. Mind you the roof on my Wilderness was curved.

A good gauge might be to clean it when the RV dealers do their inventory.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)