cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water leak, we cannot find.

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
Today water started leaking out from between the membrane on the very bottom of the 5er and the metal frame the screws that hold it on are attached to. Upon inspection, the membrane was full of water all the way across the trailer and the entire area in from of the first axle was sagging severely. We shut off the water spigot, cleaned everything out of the basement, there was no water in the basement, and removed the wall to gain access to the area behind the water valves. With the wall removed we inspected everything and saw no leaks. So we turned the spigot back on there were no leaks anywhere. Next, we turned on the water in the kitchen sink, bathroom and shower one at a time. There were no leaks. After that we removed all the screws that were holding the membrane on one side. Here, we could see where water had been, but couldn't tell where it was leaking. I think our next step is to remove all the screws from the membrane in front of the first axle and pull the membrane down to get a better view. But before I do all of that, I thought I'd ask all the knowledgeable people who might have been here before. Is there a better idea than removing the membrane? Can you offer me any ideas of how that area could get wet? The wet area is all below the basement floor. By the way our trailer is a Grand Design Solitude 369RL.
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream
16 REPLIES 16

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
Really, the only way to know for sure is to drop enough of the coroplast down so you can get eyes on everything. Before you do that, you might want to carefully drill a hole at the lowest point of the coroplast to let the water out gently instead of all at once when you are on your back on the ground under the tank. Watch out for pipe and wires. Hopefully (if it's not a water line leak) it's not your black tank.

Had that happen last year. Found the leak by filling the grey tank. Turned out to be a flange along the top of the tank that (of course) only leaked when it was full. I had to put in a new tank and put in a couple of extra support straps under it to take some of the weight off the flange when it was full. I also strapped the black tank as well since I was looking at it.

Hope this helps.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
From the roof?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.