cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fulltime Domicile Question

Flanz
Explorer
Explorer
Okay - We're going fulltime next spring. Looking into Domicile and it looks like South Dakota wins. DO NOT NEED HEALTH CARE INSURANCE - so don't go there....

Question - Does anyone use ESCAPEES for their mail service? The satellite office in Box Elder? How simple does Escapees make it for setting everything up as a South Dakota domicile? Will they do ALL of the leg work to help, similar to the other mail forwarding services? such as - register vehicles and so forth?

PLEASE ONLY RESPOND IF U USE ESCAPEES....I don't care about WHAT U use...

Sorry, I have to do this because people don't READ the post and before you know it I'm reading a lot of information that I don't care about....

Thanks,
-paul
19 REPLIES 19

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use Escapees and have since 2005 for domicile and mail service. The mail service is great. I just have the USPS forward my mail from my home to my SKP address in Livingston TX when on the road, and simply call them and tell them were to send it when I'm somewhere long enough to receive it. They have nice parks too. We also have a leased lot in the Chimacum WA park. You can't go wrong with their set up and club bennies The mail service is an extra charge. About 100 bucks a year and worth it.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Flanz
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
You will have to maintain a South Dakota address for a South Dakota domicile. You will end up paying for two mail services. Check out www.dakotapost.net

How ya figure? Escapees will provide both the address and mail forwarding service for SD domicile. Unless I mis-read their web page.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
You will have to maintain a South Dakota address for a South Dakota domicile. You will end up paying for two mail services. Check out www.dakotapost.net

Flanz
Explorer
Explorer
arhayes wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier to just call Escapees? I use them in TX and they don't handle vehicle registration.

Yes of course it would, but I would like to hear from folks that use it and if it's worth using. If so, then I'll call....

-paul

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldn't it be easier to just call Escapees? I use them in TX and they don't handle vehicle registration.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)