cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handspinners?

Mantislover
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, are there any handspinners in this forum? When I hit the road some years from now, I will be taking my spinning wheel with me. It would be nice to know if there is anyone else like me out there!
The best tv in your motor home is the windshield.
7 REPLIES 7

Mantislover
Explorer
Explorer
I have a store but I use etsy mostly to buy fiber. One lady there has wonderful english angora. I used to raise them.

My wheel is an older Fricke. I bought another wheel but its not what I thought so I spin everything with the fricke. That will go well in any rv. How much room does your fiber take up? I think about that as I look at rvs that I might buy in the future.

life_sgood
Explorer
Explorer
We live fulltime ( and workamp) in our 39' Fifth Wheel and I have 2 spinning wheels, a Louet S15 and an Ashford Traditional. No problem tucking them in the corners against the wall (but 39'is a big RV!). I also own several hand/drop spindles and last week I found an 16" Ashford Table Loom (which is collapsable and fits under the table) at the local thrift store!
I love to sit outsite and spin and people come up to me all the time to find out what I'm doing, but sofar I've never sold anything yet. My Louet is also a recent thrift store find and it looks I can spin more and faster on that one so I might start selling some! Do you have an etsy store?

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
All I can say is she had more patience than I do. She would crochet baby blankets and then give them away to friends and relatives.

Mantislover
Explorer
Explorer
Spindles are hard! Ive never tried one but they are good for someone with very small space.
Question, what do you do with your projects when you are finished? Can you sell your items there in the campgrounds you visit? Or is that a big no-no?

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
I used to have a camping companion that would occasionally handspin using just a spindle. A lot more compact than a wheel.

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
I am a fiber artist. I knit and crocheted while fulltiming. I still do when camping. I have seen a few spinners, I never got the hang of it, even tho I tried...it would be a good craft to take along.

I now spend most of my free time sewing...I quilt extensively....that craft would be impossible in my TC ๐Ÿ™‚
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
I live in a house with my wife and daughter who have eight spinning wheels between the two of them. When my wife and I camp she often brings her latest wheel, a Hansen electric spinner. Since it is more compact than her other wheels, it is convenient.

While we have not noticed anyone else sitting under an awning spinning, I am sure they are out there! She will sometimes bring her sewing machine and always has a knitting project along.

We hope you have wonderful travels and enjoy spinning along!
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!