cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satelite Tv Fulltiming

owomp
Explorer
Explorer
Selling the home and getting ready to go full time in our class A.Really getting a lot of differing answers on how to get satellite tv.
Would prefer the dish hopper,want dvr capability and HD.Dish says to call winegard or other option is camping world.neither have dvr.
direct tv has something called the Traveler,which has dvr but the receiver is like $1700!
Can anyone share what kind of set up they are using if something else is available.Thought about going streaming but most campgrounds really frown on this and don't have the resources to even handle it.Mifi or anything like that is really limited on data.
I have talked to dish and they said they couldn't help,that i would have to call winegard,which seemed odd to me.Is there something in their antennae that makes it a propietary system?
17 REPLIES 17

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
I believe the antenna (dish) is called the traveller not the receiver and yes its around 1500 bucks for Dish only for a auto rooftop antenna. Cheaper to use a portable ..No trees to contend with as a bonus just more hassle setting up your choice .. I'm lazy and dont park under trees often so the traveller would be my choice. Ill leave the receiver part to others that have a dvr solution
Bill

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a dish 625 receiver, can supply two different tvs, one ir and one UHF control or whatever the two are. has a dvr. certainly not $1700 but I got mine for free. amazon $149 remanufactured.
bumpy

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
I use a tripod and a DirecTv Slimline dish. I set it up wherever we go in about ten minutes. I have a DVR and two other receivers.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers