cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandemic in Mexico V USA

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
This is not a post to discuss the pandemic or any politics. Just an observation We left a week ago for Tucson and Quartzsite. We usually go for a month. Had a non refundable reservation. We got to Tucson just when the talk was all about Omicron. Began to get a worried. 75% of the Arizona population do not wear masks. No Social distancing. Dirty shopping carts and crowds. For 2 very senior travelers this would likely become a disaster. Quartzsite is a great spot. Lots of fun. Interesting people and lots to see within 100 miles. But with no crowd control very dangerous. Rocmoc warned me but I took no heed. ( Sorry Rocmoc). Yesterday we returned to Kino. All the toll booth people were masked. Even the 18 wheeler divers were masked. In Sonora you cannot enter an Oxxo with out a mask. Some of the small grocery stores do not allow anyone into the store. They have a take out window. We lost our full payment at the CG but are glad to be back in Mexico! Nuestra Tierra.
16 REPLIES 16

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you for avoiding wide-open Arizona. NM is strict, CA is strict.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the factual report.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad