cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracfone Top Up from Canada

Canuck_Travelle
Explorer
Explorer
We are Canadians, we have a Prepay Tracfone and it runs out June 1st this year. We put $100 US on it every year for a year extension and it rolls over the existing time to it. I tried to add another $100 US on it thru the Tracfone website but it seems ok but does not go thru.
I wonder if other Canadians might have Tracfones with time still on them and what they do.
I hate to lose my minutes, I have a lot and to start all over again when we finally get back to the US would be a bummer.
I guess I could call them but in calling in the past I end up in a call center in Guyana, S-America and its extremely difficult even though the center talks English to understand the person. I have heard that one can call a Tracfone number in Miami which would get around that difficulty in understanding the language.
Anyone else in Canada have Tracfone and renewed their airtime without any difficulty?
Thanks for any help!
2017 Chev Silverado LTZ,6.2 Engine,8 SPEED,4WD, Nav Option, Leather Package, almost all options.
19 REPLIES 19

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Ernie I have a US upstate NY address that I use for things like this but I still use my Canadian Visa credit card and haven’t had any issues buying new minutes online. I’ve had my account for many years so maybe my ‘data’ is somehow grandfathered into their system. Sorry I couldn’t have been more help.

... Eric

Canuck_Travelle
Explorer
Explorer
Darryl&Rita, thanks for the reply, yeah, if only we had known when we left in March, 2020 we would have bought a card at Wal-Mart but we had no idea that this whole COVID-19 thing was going to go on and on.

We allways put a $100 card in the account before we leave giving us a year plus a few months like it has to be renewed by June 1st of following year so that has been great for 17 years.....until now, with 10,000 minutes on it I kinda hate to lose the time banked.
Oh well got a few weeks left to figure it out....and hoping the US/Canadian Border is also open this fall.
2017 Chev Silverado LTZ,6.2 Engine,8 SPEED,4WD, Nav Option, Leather Package, almost all options.

Canuck_Travelle
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Eric, thanks for your reply. I tried to add time by going through the Tracfone site and I even used a Promo and everything was accepted but can't get around the ZIP CODE thing as I want to put in my Postal Code but no way to do that, tried leaving it out...no go, tried to use my Zip Code for our house in Florida won't take that either. Also the site at least on my tablet will not allow anything but numbers, no letters. Looks like a glitch on their site.
You got any magical way to get around that? If not I might have to call them, it's real odd as one can put in Canada as one's Country and I can put in New Brunswick as my province but still asks for the ZIP CODE. Really appreciate any help....thanks....Ernie

As an aside it sorta reminds me when getting fuel down south usually at "Flying J"s and if you put your Canadian credit card in and put your zip code for your house in Florida it would tell you to go inside to pay but if you took the numbers off your Canadian postal code and added two zero's it would work at the tanks.... until the last time we went south before Covid-19 it stopped my card, had to call TD as what I did comprised my card...it worked for 10 years....until it didn't....LOL

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
We just buy prepaid cards before coming back into Canada.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I just pay the bill online with a credit card and next time that I cross into the US it has updated. You can also check your account online after paying and it will show your new service date and all of your remaining minutes.

I’ve been doing this several years now.

... Eric