Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

05 Holiday Rambler 30PDD/workhorse

slamberte5
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning
We are new to this site and we are 5th wheelers. Family issues are making for a change. We have found the MH at a dealer for asking $ 49k. We would like input on the motor home itself. We like the floor plan. WE have heard different concerns about the workhorse platform. Any comments would be welcomed. Thanks Steve
20 REPLIES 20

slamberte5
Explorer
Explorer
Ok thanks I understand just like F 150 and so on. I will check today we are going again to drive it and see the systems work. Thank you all again. Steve PS just checked the chassis is a 8100 per dealer ad.

2Bargos
Explorer
Explorer
The chassis is made by workhorse.What Gjac was refering to,W20-W22 is different chassis sizes kinda like chevrolet 2500 and 3500 .both are GM the later is just a heavier chassis.
2006 F-250
2008 Cherokee 28A+
2003 Harley Ultra
A wife that enjoys my hobbies as much as I do.
A Day Hemmed in prayer seldom comes unraveled

slamberte5
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks big help. I have read about the brake problem so I'm glad you brought that up and I will check recall??? By chassis I'm confused I though workhorse was the chassis. Can you clear that up? Steve

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
What chassis is it on? W-20,W-22? The major problem posted here were the brake calipers sticking. there was a recall and I would assume by now it was completed but I would check on it. Some of the HR's in that size had full wall slides which is nice. It also should have full basement storage doors not the cutout doors that you see on shorter newer MH's. If you go one year newer the transmission would have the 6 speed rather than the 5 speed. When I compare all the short MH's this would be at the top of my list.

slamberte5
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I hope more replys come but yours is a great start. PTL

2Bargos
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure others will chime in with better info, but IIRC you can enter the Vin# at workhorse and check for any recalls that have been completed or outstanding

I'm a ford owner so my info is probably not the best,but the workhorse of that year model used a 8.1 engine and allison trans.This setup was basically bulletproof if cared for.

Over on the Irv2 board there is a workhorse chassis owners thread that should have plenty of good info.
2006 F-250
2008 Cherokee 28A+
2003 Harley Ultra
A wife that enjoys my hobbies as much as I do.
A Day Hemmed in prayer seldom comes unraveled