cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1980 Pace Arrow, Dodge 440 belt diagram

JoshAndBrandi
Explorer
Explorer
I just got a deal on a fixer-upper 1980 Pace Arrow with a Dodge 440 in it. I'm not a professional mechanic, but I do ok making my way around replacement parts, etc.

When I got the RV there was a broken belt in the cab. There is another belt that looks like a bypass for the A/C, but it doesn't look like it's doing much of anything good. I drove the 40 miles home, and now I'm trying to piece things back together on it.

Does anyone know where I can find a belt diagram for my motor? The plate that is supposed to tell the chassis is long-gone, so I'm mostly guessing on this. The plate on the motorhome says it was manufactured in 1980. I would assume that the chassis is a year older.

So, where can I find a belt diagram for a 1979 Chrysler 440 Big Block? Thanks in advance guys!
3 REPLIES 3

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
JoshAndBrandi wrote:
Thanks Richard. I found that one as well, but it's not specific enough. I have no idea what size belts to get, and what the actual diagram is. I'll keep looking. Thanks again for replying though!

Josh

I had a similar issue when I got my '84. It had a blown engine and someone else had dismantled it so I had no idea what belts I needed or how to install the pulleys.

The P30, and I assume your Dodge, shares its engine with regular trucks and pickups. I joined a site dedicated to full-sized Chevy trucks and got a lot of help there. I also searched on parts for vehicles that I knew my 454 also came installed in. I did get burned on my water pump, however. Apparently there was a subtle difference between the Suburban big block of the day and the P-30 chassis.

Good luck!
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

JoshAndBrandi
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Richard. I found that one as well, but it's not specific enough. I have no idea what size belts to get, and what the actual diagram is. I'll keep looking. Thanks again for replying though!

Josh

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe this will help?

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson