cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2001 Holiday Rambler

Iayre63
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, new to this forum. I want to change out the Sony stereo in my 2001 Holiday Rambler Vacationer. Am I right to assume its a Sony wiring harness and do I need to buy a conversion wiring loom from that to whatever I want to install, or is the original wiring harness a ford or other ?

Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

Bruce_Brown
Our 2000 had a Sony that died. You should be able to just match up the wire colors and be good to go.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
ferndaleflyer wrote:
MountainAir I had a new Winnebago Luxor in 1997 that had a factory Sony system. Monacos had the same in 1998. Popular system.

Thank you. Our Winnebago had an option for an upgrade.

MountainAir I had a new Winnebago Luxor in 1997 that had a factory Sony system. Monacos had the same in 1998. Popular system.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If you have the Ford Chassis. The Sony is installed and the speaker/power wires are connected direct to the HR wiring harness. There is NO Ford Harness. So, the existing Sony HAS its multi wire plug on the back of the radio. So, IF the new radio has an optional adapter harness to connect TO the Sony existing plug, then you can plug and play. I have 42 years working on Motorhomes. I have never seen such a plug. I have to trace out each speaker wire and connect to the new Radio wire harness. Exception is if you have a Ford C Chassis. It will have the Ford OEM harness. Doug

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never ran into a RV that age that had a Sony OEM. Look at the numbers on the wiring. Maybe they left a decal on them.