Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Concord Coachmen 300TS Grey water tanks

mattb2338
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,
Trying to figure out if my two grey water tanks, primary and auxiliary, are inter connected. During a stay at a camp ground recently, we were given a highly elevated (front +3ft elevation) Water/Elec/Sewer site and simply had to move to a more level Water/Elec site.

It went well but we tested the capacity limits of our Coachmen's grey water tanks and after 3 days it was full. We did not have any increase in our auxiliary tank and began to wonder if their was any connection between the two tanks? It would have been very nice if we could have moved tank water for a day to balance it out.

We could not find anything in the manual or online about what the purpose of the auxiliary grey water tank maybe, although I do recall it being 1/3rd full once, just not on this trip.

Thanks in advance.
Matt
3 REPLIES 3

avan
Explorer
Explorer
He did say "Hi Matt" so I thought that was tactful. He also did not say that the info he provided would be from your rig's spec sheet which, if you didn't get it when you bought, is available online - so not reminding you of that was also tactful, I think. Perhaps he should have said "goodbye Matt?"
www.putt10.net

mattb2338
Explorer
Explorer
Probably could have answered that question with a lot more tact.

Safari-Rick
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Matt:

First of all, you do NOT have 2 "Gray Tanks" in your rig. (unless you had it special ordered?)

You have 1 Gray (for Bath,sink,shower,Dishes water).

The other is 1 Black (for toilet - # 1 and 2).

They ARE NOT connected together! They only time is when you dump them. You open the Black water valve FIRST. The follow opening the "GRAY" water 2nd.
2012 Concord 300.......

Number Of Fresh Water Holding Tanks 1
Total Fresh Water Tank Capacity (gal/l) 43 / 162.8
Number Of Gray Water Holding Tanks 1
Total Gray Water Tank Capacity (gal/l) 53 / 200.6
Number Of Black Water Holding Tanks 1
Total Black Water Tank Capacity (gal/l) 28 / 106
Better to have more then you need then to not have enough!