cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

97 american dream

loghauler191
Explorer
Explorer
In the process of buying a 97 40 ft american dream (dp)any body know good or bad about them cant seem to find a whole bunch of info about them
7 REPLIES 7

deandec
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a summary of some recalls:

recalls
Dean
95 CC Magna, Jeep GC

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think the lack of info on the Dream and my own unit is because they didn't make many of these expensive models and still don't. They concentrate production on the more affordable units that more people can afford.

dbs944
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a '99 Dream last fall. 100K miles. Haven't read anything negative about it and I poke around the internet a lot. It passed inspection with only a back-up light needing replaced. We had the pre-season 'physical' a couple of weeks ago with absolutely no issues.

We're still learning all the systems and haven't found anything at all lacking.

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
1997 American Dreams were the number 2 coach in the hierarchy of American Coach.

American Coach is the upper end division of Fleetwood.

Good solid machine, side radiator, Spartan Chassis, Cummins mechanical C8.3 engine.

97 was a solid front axle design (not IFS) and therefore you do not have ball joints or ball joint issues.

Fit and finish should be very good.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

emiddleb
Explorer
Explorer
Think they were built by Fleetwood. Don't know much else about them.

Here's a link where you can download the Owners manual if you don't have it already.

link
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Roadmaster Tow Dolly

loghauler191
Explorer
Explorer
its got all the bells &whistles and was very well taken care of just cant find much info maybe thats good

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Saw one about that year an Ebay today.....Never had one but they look pretty nice. I have an older high end DP (1997)and could never afford one with all these upgrades at todays prices. But I like the looks of those American Dreams and they seem to be equipped well.