Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

99 newmar mountain aire 4081 prepare for towing

Atee
Explorer
Explorer
Hi.

I am looking to buy a 99 newmar mountain aire 4081 diesel pusher. It's sitting under trees for more than 2 years now. Owner said someone started up the engine about 8 months ago, was running fine but did not accelerate. So they didn't buy it because of the expensive towing to 300 miles away. The whole inside needs to be redone (water damage, holes from tree branches). My plan was to move it to the rv storage next door where I could work on it. Its sitting all the way down on the ground. My question is that how could I inflate the air suspension so it lifts up without the engine running, also release brakes. For towing I need to disconnect the drive shaft Right? The towing guy who i called left saying ill be back when he seen the bus in the bushes. Never came back. That's why I am trying to prepare the bus for towing because it seems like nobody will touch it as it is sitting. I have the spartan manual but it doesn't say anything about it.

Thank you for your help.
33 REPLIES 33

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
One that will pump up to 135# plus.

Block the coach up with cribbing before you crawl under to do the drive shaft, do not depend on airbags or jacks.

Mark the position of the shaft in the axle end yoke, unbolt the axle end and chain/strap up securely. Remove bearing caps and store them so they don't fall off. Purge well with fresh grease when you re-assemble.
Happy Trails 🙂
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

Atee
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I have seen that fitting. I wasn't sure if it's inlet or outlet. So i just need to connect a compressor I guess

Bruce_Brown
Should be a fitting up front under the hood on or around the firewall. Ours has the female fitting so you'd need a hose with a male end.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
How much is the owner paying you to take it off his property?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad