cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air brake questions?

Coach_Cleats
Explorer
Explorer
I realize that everyone's driving styles are unique therefore brake replacement differ. My question is what might the average mileage for Air Brake replacement and what is a cost associated with replacing all four?

We are at 71K on our 2004 Safari and its beginning to require more pressure on the pedal to stop. That's probably the answer to my question ay!
2004 Safari Cheetah 36 PDD, 03 Wrangler Sahara Toad W/Buddy Brake.
Denise and Bob 70 Years as Teachers!
Kodi D'dog'.
About to play as long as we worked.
Senior Softball! What a blast. Nothing is routine!
15 REPLIES 15

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
Coach Cleats wrote:
I realize that everyone's driving styles are unique therefore brake replacement differ.

We are at 71K on our 2004 Safari and its beginning to require more pressure on the pedal to stop. That's probably the answer to my question ay!

Coach Cleats, you are right in acknowledging huge differences in the mileage expected but, at 71K, your brake shoes "could" have significant life left. However, other parts in the system age and as self adjusting air brakes age and wear they will require maintenance. These brakes will only self-adjust within a certain tolerance; when the air brakes go beyond this tolerance they must be serviced.

If you are not able to check them yourself, have it looked at by a professional-you may not need anything more than routine inspection and maintenace. If it has been sometime since your air brake system has been checked and serviced, it's time to have it looked at.

Ours at 62K miles are at 75% life or more I estimate.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System