cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air horn and wipers

JoJam
Explorer
Explorer
I'm driving down I-5 and reached over the steering wheel to turn on the lights and my MH goes crazy. When I pulled on the lights the air horn goes off as does my wipers. Nothing I did stopped either from turning off except pulling over, turning the engine off, then restarting. The horn nor the wipers stopped when I turned the engine off, only when I restarted it. The second time it happened was when I turned on the wipers. I pulled both fuses and will limp to Yuma for repairs. I suspect my problem is in the "Smart Wheel" and my question is; can any of you tell me of a reliable repair facility in Yuma that works on Monaco products. I'm in a 2000 Monaco Dynasty. Thanks in advance for any advice. Joe
4 REPLIES 4

Skylark
Explorer
Explorer
Johan, this sounds like you have a corroded ground. Check the battery grounds around the dash area. The circuit has to make a complete round from the plus terminal back to the ground terminal, if this is not practical, it may go to ground on another item. I would think it will be a bad ground connection causing that.

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
On my Imperial very similar to your coach the controller was under the dash behind the music radio. My coach had done the same thing and I found the telescopic steering was jammed in the down position and when I lifted it up it fixed it. Also another problem can be in the steering column there are several plugs in the harness that can be checked for loose. Sometimes unplugging the wires off the controller and re plugging them will help. If all fails it may be the controller. Good luck.
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

JoJam
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks krivanj; I'll snoop around for the box before I make arrangements for repairs.

krivanj
Explorer
Explorer
People on my American Coach site tell me the control box for this is under the stairs and by recycling the connectors there a few times, it usually fixes the problem. It is a metal box with lots of wires in and out, and connectors, about the size of two or three cigarette packs. Hope this helps.
It seems to be a not so unusual problem. Maybe you can google smart wheel problems....
Fleetwood Revolution LE 38X
2011 Scion TC toad