cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Ride

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is there a way to tell if your RV has reached it's travel height before pulling out? How long should it take for the air bags to refill from empty? What should the air gauges read? I know this is old stuff but trying to figure out if I still have a problem, even after having air system inspected w/dryer service. Last time out RV started bouncing slightly while building up speed, once going gauges read 120-130? Should they read that number before pulling out? Was an improvement from before. Thanks again
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800
7 REPLIES 7

MSHappyCampers
Explorer
Explorer
My HWH auto leveling control panel has a light labeled "Travel". That comes on when the coach is at travel height!

My air pressure builds up to about 125 PSI before dumping excess. :B
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
My drivers side rear bag doesn't seem to be inflating and the pop off valve is going off continuously. Anyone know what to look for? The pop off valve is oily and dirty. Could it be bad? Checked for leaks but all I hear is the pop off valve.
Martin & Cheryl
40 Foot 2009 Damon Tuscany 4076
Cummins 360, Hyundai Santa Fe
Full timing since 2010.

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks all. It's strange how you forget the right procedure when you don't do it as often as I used to when I full timed. My impatience to leave has been the problem. Just took her out and all is normal. Air bags filled normally after letting air tanks fill first to 120 before turning fill switch to fill air bags. Came up to travel height right away. No bouncing at all. Thanks all.
2000 Jeep GC
2003 VTX 1800

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Jacks up, slide in, engine start, inspection walk around, HWH lights out, we move out. takes about 5 minutes.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
It takes ours about 5-7 minutes to fill from a fully drained status to ride height of 115. We retract our jacks, then start the engine to fill the air bags. Once we reach full ride height, we turn the engine off and then bring in the slides and do any final tidying up inside for the road while the electrical cord is disconnected and stowed outside.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never been in tuned to listen for it to spit. I'll listen. Do you fill the bags up with jacks up or down? Perhaps I'm trying to pull out to soon. I don't like to bother folks with the engine ideling.
2000 Jeep GC
2003 VTX 1800

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours tops out at about 105 or a bit more. When the system 'spits' it has reached potential. I can get going when I do my last walk-around the the wheel wells are above the tops of the tires by a couple of inches
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow