cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another Electirc Awning ?

Deedle
Explorer
Explorer
I have been searching the forum for this and not having any luck. I Have an electric awning A&E on a 2007 Expedition Fleetwood, I had the motor replaced in it last week because it was stalling, it was taking several attempts to finally get it in the closed position. Well I get it home and the same thing again. The repair guys now thinks it is the wind sensor. I am not really buying that. I turned the toggle switch to disable the wind sensor and it still does the same thing. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The A&E awning of that era uses a current sensor in the controller as a "Limit Switch"

Anything that causes excess current to flow will cause the controller to stop the motor. Also, a bad switch can cause it to stop.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
What you do is go to the control and disconnect the 2 motor wires from the control. You then hot wire the motor to go in and out. IF it still stalls, the odds are the new motor is bad. IF it does NOT stall, then the odds are the control is bad. As the other poster stated, adding a few turns on the rear torsion can help, but if it stalls at almost full retraction, I doubt that is the problem. Does this awning also have the optional drop down sun shade? Doug

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
I just had that problem with mine. The spring on the opposite side of the motor seems to get weak. I replaced the motor and no go. What I did was open awning about 6 inches. Put pin in awning to hold spring. Tie wrap arm so it will not open further. Remove bolt on top of arm to remove back side of awning. Put vice grips on bracket and removed pin while holding grips. I wound spring 2 more turns and problem is now gone.

Hope this helps.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie