cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Started to look into some water damage in the kitchen of our 83 Pace Arrow. The more I looked, the more I found. I have some pics of the damage so far. Anyone interested in following a rebuild thread?
If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.
8,452 REPLIES 8,452

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
So what does the 200,000 viewer win? A quart of POR 15? A tube of Chemlink M-1? A piece of the old interior?

Inquiring minds need to know.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Hey guys, I didn't get anything done today, because it rained and I had to pick up my drunk niece from prison!

Ok, that's all a lie. NON of that happened. Lighten up. Don't take life so seriously.

You have to admit - there is some humor there - no work, rain, and niece all in one sentence! Lol!

It's all good, really. No harm, no foul. I do have a couple of pics to post tonight, and as usual, it will be later.

It's almost Christmas, and tonight will be monumental. Why, you ask? We are headed for 200,000 views tonight. We're almost there. Wow! Who woulda thunk?

nohurry
Explorer
Explorer
fulltimin, Iโ€™ve been following since the beginning, and Iโ€™m still here. Nuff said ๐Ÿ™‚
Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Holy Moly folks! I never once suggested that he should stop posting. Not sure how it got twisted and flamed. I only said that he did not need to feel like he had to post something everyday. He often posts what sound like apologies that he couldn't post anything about the job because he had to help his niece. It seemed as though he felt like he must post. I was simply mentioning that he did not "have" to post if nothing happened that day. He replied that he likes to force himself to do so to help maintain his motivation and that makes complete sense.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
I look forward everyday to see what your doing next, love your determination and thought process. Can't wait to see the final result.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
fulltimin wrote:
Bill1374 wrote:
KEEP POSTING! I have enjoyed every post and have learned things from your posts. Keep "m going.

Thanks!

X2 keep posting daily if possible.
If someone doesn't like it don't click on it. :S
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Bill1374 wrote:
KEEP POSTING! I have enjoyed every post and have learned things from your posts. Keep "m going.

Thanks!

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
STBRetired wrote:
What's to "play out"? This is your thread, post whatever you want (as long as its civil) whenever you want. Personally, I have enjoyed your excursions into materials testing and trying of "things outside the box".

Maybe I should have said - just wait and see what others are thinking. Perhaps that would have been a better way to term it, but either way, I was glad to see all the posts.

Bill1374
Explorer
Explorer
KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
What's to "play out"? This is your thread, post whatever you want (as long as its civil) whenever you want. Personally, I have enjoyed your excursions into materials testing and trying of "things outside the box".
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
^5 fulltimin
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Again, I want to thank all of you for posting.

Last night, I actually did have some new info to post, of work I did yesterday, and I was all ready to hit the "Post Message" button, and at the last second, I decided to "let this play out" a little, so I did not post anything.

Definitely glad I said nothing, and gave others a chance to give their opinions. Thanks, everyone!

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Some of the information I have presented here, may seem basic to some, and a revelation to others.

I have gone into some great detail, rather than just giving an overview and keep going.

So, with this long winded post, I still plan on posting daily, if possible, hopefully, with new information on progress on the motor home. No doubt, there will be a few days when there will be no new info, but just bear with me.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
As far as the posting goes. Yes, I realize that I do not Have to post every day.

I realize posting all the mundane things that occur during the course of this project is not necessary. It's even worse, when those details have nothing to do with the actual rebuilding of the motor home.

There is however, a reason for all this madness.

A daily post is my way of applying a little extra pressure on myself, to keep me motivated to do something every day, whenever possible, in order to continue the project.

With a project of this size, if one does not keep their eye on the ball, it's easy to get lost in middle of a project, and gradually lose interest, because the job looks so massive, and the end so far in the distance.

Many a project is abandoned, at some point, because the enthusiasm has waned somewhat, and then people just gradually allow other things to take the place of the original dream.

While daily posting is not my main drive for doing this project, it does help keep me going.

These posts help me, and hopefully help you. As has been posted in the past, some are learning new things during this process, and that is a good thing.

I don't claim that what I am doing is always the "best" way of doing things. It is however, what looks correct at the time. Looking back, I may say, "wow, I guess I could have done that better", but I had not thought of it at the time I was doing it.

Anyone who has taken on any diy project will tell you the same thing. If I were to start another project just like this one, I would probably do a couple of things a little differently, but so far I am mostly happy with what I have done.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Ok, now that's out of the way, here we go. In the order in which they were posted .....

Wildmanbaker

Bill.Satellite

donkeydew

PursuitInsight

magik235

Jones1

ro_sie

Bill.Satellite

STBRetired

FloridaRosebud

First off, I want to thank every one of you for posting. It's always interesting to get feedback, and I appreciate it.