Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Axxera Radios

Kailua
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning All,
I have a 2016 Thor 26 ft Freedom Elite and I am on my very first trip.
I have an Axxera dash radio that only turns on when the generator or the shore line is plugged in. Running the MH engine doesn't turn the radio on. This includes the back up camera.
I need to admit that I have very little electrical system talent.Well maybe none at all. THE MH is behaving fine except in this matter.
I am an older rock n roller and music is a must for me driving.
It seems that the dash radio is connected or powered by the house battery. That seems like a logical idea but I don't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to see if there is a simple fix before I take it in.
Thank you all in advance.
Kailua
7 REPLIES 7

RE_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you identified the problem. In my Thor 35SK Super C, I had the same problem, but it was a loose connection on a stand alone breaker under the bed.
TinBenders
2002 Jeep Wrangler
39.5's, Atlas, D60's.

2014 Thor Chateau 35SK.
BTW, It's a Super C!!

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sam Spade wrote:
Kailua wrote:
Thank you everyone. The battery switch by the coach door needed to be turned on.
K

BUT.....one would normally run the cab radio off of the CAB battery.
You should check the position of THAT switch too.

That varies greatly from motorhome to motorhome. Some are wired to the chassis battery, some are wired to the coach battery, and some have a switch to select what battery they use. The main advantage of using the coach battery is that you can use the radio when camping without fear of running the chassis battery down.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Kailua wrote:
Thank you everyone. The battery switch by the coach door needed to be turned on.
K

BUT.....one would normally run the cab radio off of the CAB battery.
You should check the position of THAT switch too.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Kailua
Explorer
Explorer
K

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has two switches that might be involved in your current problem.
One is by my left knee as I sit in the driver's seat and allows the dash radio to run off of either the truck battery or the house battery.
It would appear that your similar switch is set to "house or chassis".
It should normally be set to power the accessories from the truck battery.

The second switch is a house battery disconnect which is located immediately inside the side door of the coach.
It would appear that yours is turned OFF. It should be ON while the coach is being driven or actively in use.

P.S. If you bought this from a dealer, you should make an appointment to go BACK to them with your spouse for them to explain the basic systems to you: power, generator, propane and water. If done right, this will take AT LEAST a half hour and maybe more.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
Kailua wrote:
Good morning All,
I have a 2016 Thor 26 ft Freedom Elite and I am on my very first trip.
I have an Axxera dash radio that only turns on when the generator or the shore line is plugged in. Running the MH engine doesn't turn the radio on. This includes the back up camera.
I need to admit that I have very little electrical system talent.Well maybe none at all. THE MH is behaving fine except in this matter.
I am an older rock n roller and music is a must for me driving.
It seems that the dash radio is connected or powered by the house battery. That seems like a logical idea but I don't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to see if there is a simple fix before I take it in.
Thank you all in advance.
Kailua
Our C has a large rectangular 2 position button that switches the power feed for the radio from the chassis to the house systems. Its located on the instrument panel beside the steering wheel. We leave it switched to the house 12v most of the time so it doesn't drain the chassis battery while in storage. As long as the house batteries are ON, the radio works while sitting or driving.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have the house batteries disconnected? It should run off of them while driving down the road. Be sure your battery disconnect is connected!
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad