Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

z__geo
Explorer
Explorer
Just got in from Batavia... the 213 were fully equipped and acording to the salesman were traded in on a larger unit. One had the holman sticker on it and the other was "cisco" dont know where that is. Holman is a big truck dealer. They do have RV rentals. Not a B+ but the storie is: they`ve got this C thats a forrest river, Chev frame and its 29 foot, equipped 05 model for $37k. Salesman says it was built for their rental fleed as its not got carpet in it but vinyl. I thought that was a good feature as im a tracker-o-dirt. I was leaning toward the 251 T/L but at 45k the forrest river gives ya a little more room, walk around bed, and 8 grand buys alot of gas, i dont care what the price is. I went to buy but balked as they would only give me 6 k for a 03 kia minivan. Their prices are pretty firm.
z..geo

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Both are 213's with a little over 5k miles. Shouldn't be too much wrong with them?
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
cheeze1 - I'm staying way far away from any campaign. The last 3 months have been enough.

bcampbell - If you are asking me, can you join in this thread, the answer is YES. Although I have about as much authority as your little finger.

tjwords - There are many BT Cruisers on this forum and several have posted to this thread. Since the topic of this thread was started by an owner of a Trail-lite and titled very generically many items of interest have been discussed. A good example is augiedog.

I did not keep track of the owners of BT Cruisers as there have been many topics started by those owners. And....I merely liked the units, but bought a Trail-Lite.

z..geo - Wonder about the used T/L's at Holman. Are they fully equipped. Are they problem ones, are they rental units? Worth checking in to by potential buyers as the price is not bad. We wanted new to be the only ones using the bathroom and sleeping on the beds. Our own dirt, not someone elses.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

augiedog
Explorer
Explorer
Google Ramblin' Pines Campground. It's about the biggest one in the general area. There are several smaller ones, but I'm not sure if they are year-round. I don't know of any that are real close to Frederick. Usually 10-15 miles away or so. There are CGs near Hagerstown (west of frederick), and Harpers Ferry (southwest). They should all show up in a Woodalls directory.
23' 2003 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Augie. We are planning to go on our first trip if the rig gets here in time over thanksgiving. We were planning on Hudson, NY, but I'm concerned about the cold snap we are in the midst of and maybe Frederick might be safer?
Also, do you know of any campgrounds in the area?
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

augiedog
Explorer
Explorer
Frederick is about the same as New Jersey in the winter as far as temps. It's in the foothills (I refuse to call anything on the East Coast a mountain!) so pretty chilly. Most of our leaves have already fallen so don't expect pretty colors.

As for things to do, yes, it has antique stores and general shopping (outlet mall closer to Hagerstown). It also has a small historic downtown area. It is rich in Revolutionary and Civil War history. Both Antietam and Monocacy Battlefields are nearby. I volunteered at both for several years. Antietam is one of the most pristine in the nation. It's a relatively small town but highly trafficked.

If you approach it from I-70 near Baltimore, there is a nice little antique rich town on the way there called New Market. A one-street pass-through just off the interstate that is a fun stroll for a few blocks.

Hope that helps.

z__geo
Explorer
Explorer
THIS JUST IN: im sure anyone here knows who HOLMAN is and they got 2 TL 213 USED in stock with less than 6k miles and the price is 34 and change..they are 2004.... z
z..geo

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Augie, I was thinking of going to Frederick, Md. for a couple of days fairly soon. What is winter like out there, and are there things to see? We like historical sites, antiques and locally made 'stuff'.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

augiedog
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats T&A. I envy you being able to go fulltime. I can't wait. But right now we are just getting ready to winterize ours. A sad time. We did get to make a very nice trip this summer to Utah (from MD). Just my wife, myself, and our small dog. We spent the better part of a month in the Cruiser, and put around 6k miles on it. Last year I trekked out to Wyoming for an Air Force Reunion with a buddy. The Cruiser is great on the road. It has plenty of pep, is comfortable to drive, and is very accomodating inside for two.

Mostly I use it for small fishing excursions to Western MD and PA, or short trips down the East Coast to find beaches.

I was one of the originals with bad squeaking problems. But now they are mostly corrected, and the unit has served us well.

You will find a small cadre of Cruiser owners who regularly visit this site.

Welcome, and many happy miles!

tjwords
Explorer
Explorer
Hello - I've been lurking here because you all seem to have such great info on the B+'s. Hubby and I bought the 2004 BT Cruiser on the Chevy this summer. We got a great price and we love it!
We go fulltime in March 2005, and we can't wait for winter to pass quickly. We are here in MN.

Do you have anyone out there that has the BT Cruiser?

Teresa & Alan
Teresa & Alan
2004 BT Cruiser (Chevy)

Fulltimer's Graduation Rally - January 2006 - Quartzsite...waaahooo!

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
The vote for Gene campaign??
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

bcampbell
Explorer
Explorer
Can a non-Trail-lite join?
2003 HOLIDAY RAMBLER VACATIONER
Dodge Dakota Crew Cab
FMCA 164852

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm starting a campaign: GENE in Ne. for President of the USA!!
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
cheeze1 - Talk about getting lucky!! Congratulations, I think you will find the rearview camera very helpful. There have been times when backing my trailer, the rear door was just not enough to see what was happening back there.

backwoodsman - Your vote is strong. I don't mind being the keeper of who has what kind of T/L on this thread. Hope you did run right down and vote for the President of the USA.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Gang! It's getting closer! Dealer called a couple of days ago, the factory had an identical unit as my order finished but it had an oven and backup monitor. We said no since we really want the cabinet space rather than the oven, and they wanted $455 for the monitor.
Get a call today, the company replaced the oven with a cabinet and will throw in the monitor!!! So we went for it. I couldn't understand why they were so generous, but the salesman had no idea either.
We should be getting it next week. HOOray!!!
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite