Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Made the 1900 mile trip for my family reunion without a hitch other than a $10.00 repair to the generator tailpipe. Had to replace the final 1 1/8" tailpipe hanger and clamp to muffler. Saw that it had disconnected from the muffler and rubber support on the hanger was torn in Camping World's parking lot in Bowling Green KY. Good thing didn't loose it and it didn't drag on the road. Of course Camping World didn't have the parts needed. Nor did any of the local auto parts stores, bought parts at Bunkhouse RV in Red Bay AL.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

ronfisherman
Teacher's Pet wrote:
Not familiar with Equalizer Systems..info please Ron.

Looked web site..interesting.

Try using Good Sam portal.

Equalizer Systems are used on Entegra and other Jayco products. They were used on Travel Supreme before Jayco. My GS had jacks and slides from them.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Hello guys, great to see youโ€™re all still active. Safe travel!!!
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with Equalizer Systems..info please Ron.

Looked web site..interesting.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
Our Travel Blog

ronfisherman
Teacher's Pet wrote:
Got the B+ out of storage today for a trip next week to my family reunion in Mississippi. Everything has worked great so far, no need for assistance to start, tires were up as were the AGM batteries. Had the propane tank filled and getting ready to put trunk on rear, then will fill the water tank. The generator fired right up after I turned on the fuel shut off I had CoachCare install last fall. Ran it for close to two hours with the AC on high.

Our Phaeton has been at our local service center, where they are trying to find a replacement for a broken Atwood Leveleg, which is obsolete. Might be spending $$$$ for a set of Bigfoot or HWH jacks shortly.

Glad everything started up like it should.
Have a safe trip.
Have you looked at Equalizer Systems for parts and system?
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Got the B+ out of storage today for a trip next week to my family reunion in Mississippi. Everything has worked great so far, no need for assistance to start, tires were up as were the AGM batteries. Had the propane tank filled and getting ready to put trunk on rear, then will fill the water tank. The generator fired right up after I turned on the fuel shut off I had CoachCare install last fall. Ran it for close to two hours with the AC on high.

Our Phaeton has been at our local service center, where they are trying to find a replacement for a broken Atwood Leveleg, which is obsolete. Might be spending $$$$ for a set of Bigfoot or HWH jacks shortly.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
Our Travel Blog

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Teacher's Pet wrote:
Gene in NE wrote:
Teacher's Pet wrote:
Got the B+ out of heated storage after two years about two weeks ago. New battery, new generator carb, antifreeze and temp sender all needed. Plan on a 2-3 day trip before putting back in storage for winter. No use last summer due to both of us having surgeries. Will move to new storage facility, this fall closer to where we summer, with in and out privileges.

I had a fuel shut off installed for the generator so I can run the carb dry and fog the intake like we did our boats for 25 years. Seafoam did not keep the carb from gumming up while in storage.
What chassis is your Model 213 sitting on? The reason I ask is our Chevy 211-S sits in a metal shed when not used from about late September to middle May and so far has not been a problem. Fires right up. Chassis battery is new in November 2010 and house battery on October 2004. However, the house battery had to be replaced this year. The generator does not get much use, but it is run until the carb is dry.

2004 Chevrolet series 3500 Express Chassis. Chassis battery was new in April 2012 when purchased, since original had to be jumped at seller's location. Have 2 AGM house batteries installed May 2014. 1st set installed in April 2013 before an Alaska trip. Those AGM batteries were destroyed over the next winter by me leaving an 800 watt inverter on, completely draining the batteries and causing them to bulge, would not accept a charge at all. Our generator has 55 hours on the meter, runs great now, hope it does next spring.
Teachers Pet - Well after reading more about your battery situation, I guess it has not been so terrible after all. And the Chevy chassis we both have should be comparable.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Gene in NE wrote:
Teacher's Pet wrote:
Got the B+ out of heated storage after two years about two weeks ago. New battery, new generator carb, antifreeze and temp sender all needed. Plan on a 2-3 day trip before putting back in storage for winter. No use last summer due to both of us having surgeries. Will move to new storage facility, this fall closer to where we summer, with in and out privileges.

I had a fuel shut off installed for the generator so I can run the carb dry and fog the intake like we did our boats for 25 years. Seafoam did not keep the carb from gumming up while in storage.
What chassis is your Model 213 sitting on? The reason I ask is our Chevy 211-S sits in a metal shed when not used from about late September to middle May and so far has not been a problem. Fires right up. Chassis battery is new in November 2010 and house battery on October 2004. However, the house battery had to be replaced this year. The generator does not get much use, but it is run until the carb is dry.

2004 Chevrolet series 3500 Express Chassis. Chassis battery was new in April 2012 when purchased, since original had to be jumped at seller's location. Have 2 AGM house batteries installed May 2014. 1st set installed in April 2013 before an Alaska trip. Those AGM batteries were destroyed over the next winter by me leaving an 800 watt inverter on, completely draining the batteries and causing them to bulge, would not accept a charge at all. Our generator has 55 hours on the meter, runs great now, hope it does next spring.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
Our Travel Blog

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Teacher's Pet wrote:

Gene

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer

'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
Our Travel Blog

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
BPlus - Just by chance, I checked on what is going on this website and noticed that you had submitted a posting. You have an interesting story on why you have a couple of motorhomes. Those are neat picture of both of yours on your signature profile.

We too use the RV when going to family picnic's, State Fairs, Outdoor concerts etc. The bathroom in ours gets prestine care and cleanliness. We also still attend Motorcycle rallies in several States. Although, we could use the location bathrooms, we take the RV for that reason. The motorcycles catches a ride in a small fiberglass trailer.
Gene

B-Plus
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Gene,
Long time. Not really sure if I relly want to get rid of either. I Purchased the B-PLUS new in 2003 and used it for a daily driver until 2007 I purchased a new Roadtrek 170 which I use as a daily driver now.Even though I have 6 other vehicles. I bought it strictly as a bathroom on wheels. In the Roadtrek I have never had the fridge, microwave, or stove on.
We use the B-PLUS just for a few trips a year.Its a shame because I just finished redoing the vinyl graphics in gold paint.
I would like to get one in between size that we can use for trips plus daily driver. The Roadtrek 170 is too small for two people for trips.at the time I only wanted a daily driver for the bathroom.
I have been looking at the Travato 59K model with the twin beds,but after having chevys and not any problems I am leery of the Fiat /Dodge Promaster chassis.
In the last few years I have been cutting back on my internet usage, too many forumsI have this one, a Corvette one , a Jeep one and a 4x4 one.
You can go to my Facebook page (Dario popalardo) and see my other vehicles. Wife told me to thin my heard down,LOL.
Take care Gene.
Ps
Only thing holding me back is it's hard trying to get rid of two rvs.
Real hassle!!!!
2003 6.0 Chev Trail-lite B-Plus 225
2007 6.0 Chev 170 Roadtrek ( Daily Driver )
1976 Corvette

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
B-Plus,
Best of luck to you. Have you decided on what brand and/or floorplan you will be looking for? We enjoy ours so much that we are afraid to look for a replacement. We are sure there are more of them out there; but don't know what we would change. We have not used the stove. We do use the micro-wave. The bathroom is not too large nor too small. The Chevy has enough power, has not had any problems in 57k miles and have an overall 11.9 MPG.
Gene
B-Plus wrote:
May be interested in letting mine go , purchasing a new one.
Gene

B-Plus
Explorer
Explorer
May be interested in letting mine go , purchasing a new one.
2003 6.0 Chev Trail-lite B-Plus 225
2007 6.0 Chev 170 Roadtrek ( Daily Driver )
1976 Corvette

bcsnave
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at an R-Vision Trail-Lite Town and Country Touring Sedan B+.

We can not hardly anything on these. Can someone jump in with some feedback on what to watch out for, any leaking issues, construction problems, and over all issues on these.

Or if any one knows of a decent one for sale, please let me know.