cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bathtub Refinishing

Sparkie616
Explorer
Explorer
Last year I bought a '04 Fleetwood Fiesta. It is readily apparent now that the previous owner didn't follow the manufacturer's maintenance instructions as the finish is peeling off the inside of the fiberglass bathtub. The tub is still structurally sound and I don't want to go through the process (or hassle) of replacing the tub. Has anybody successfully refinished one of these tubs???
Sparkie616
5 REPLIES 5

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sparkie616 wrote:
Last year I bought a '04 Fleetwood Fiesta. It is readily apparent now that the previous owner didn't follow the manufacturer's maintenance instructions as the finish is peeling off the inside of the fiberglass bathtub. The tub is still structurally sound and I don't want to go through the process (or hassle) of replacing the tub. Has anybody successfully refinished one of these tubs???

Curious, what maintenance is needed on a bathtub besides keeping it clean?
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I have had several (10-15) bathtubs and showers refinished over the years by a Certified Dupont Refinisher...great results.

I recommend checking with Dupont for someone in your area.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Check with a local plumbing supply house or other related facility to see if they are aware of anyone who does gel coat repair. I had the entire shower pan in my sticks and bricks repaired and recoated by just such a find. Had the gel coat of an RV repaired by a fiber glass repair guy from the boat repair business.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Try a mobile fiberglass repair service. Usually building materials dealers will have contact numbers for people who repair bath/shower units after installation in homes for "in construction damage." During 15 years of managing/owning apartments I have used several such companies. It is an excellent option, opposed to doing a complete bath renovation, when a tub/shower combination unit is cracked or otherwise damaged. Such repairs are almost impossible to find unless one knew exactly where the damage/defect was.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
I have not refinished any interior fiberglass but have done exterior repairs and painting. However, if I recall correctly many years ago I put coloring in fiberglass resin to finish an item. I think a marine company such as WEST MARINE could help you find the right product to use.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B