cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chasis/Engine/drive train work F53 Chasis Pensacola Florida

mc_cc
Explorer
Explorer
World Ford in Pensacola use to work on the chassis/engine/drive train of the F53 motorhomes. I took my motorhome in last year to have my rear end serviced and they refused to work on it. Who in Pensacola or nearby vicinity will work on this part of my motorhome? Does anyone have any advice of good mechanics that can take care of the engine and chassis? Thanks
Mark
5 REPLIES 5

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fiesta wrote:
There are many more places that work on gassers than diesels. You just went to one that doesn't. Let your fingers do the walking. Try local mechanics, especially truck repairs. My Ford dealer works on motor homes outside. Oh by the way, gasser repairs are 1/3 the cost.

Not my experience at all. I have had three class As, two gas one DP, over the last 15 years. I spent way more on the gas coaches than the DP for repairs. On the road, it was very hard to find competent shops that would take you. In the northeast in the summer I had recurring brake problems and everyone was booked solid and wouldn't take me. I drove into a Ford dealer in New Jersey and the service writer ran out waving his arms telling me don't even get out of the RV, just turn around and leave.
I have NEVER had a problem had a problem getting work done on the diesel.
I agree the DP cost more to MAINTAIN the gas but the gas had way more things go wrong. Labor costs are about the same. Both north of $100/hr.
Other people might have different experiences . I have friend that has a v10 ford chassis with 60k miles and has had very few problems, mostly minor.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Fiesta
Explorer
Explorer
There are many more places that work on gassers than diesels. You just went to one that doesn't. Let your fingers do the walking. Try local mechanics, especially truck repairs. My Ford dealer works on motor homes outside. Oh by the way, gasser repairs are 1/3 the cost.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Finding competent shops to work on the chassis of my F53 was frustrating. Locally I finally found a good shade tree shop that knew his stuff and had a class A like mine.
Traveling was terrible. One reason I switched to a DP. Might be pricey but they don't wave you off in the parking lot. (It happened).
Don't use RV repair places either for chassis work.
Got to call around and find a place that is happy to work on it for $100 an hour.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

mc_cc
Explorer
Explorer
I tried that. The people they referred me to only work on diesel.
Mark

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
Contact Ford they will direct you to a dealer that is set up to work on your RV.