cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City water hookup

Pavelich
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, We are still trying to figure things out on our 2000 Mountainhigh Residency coach. Can anyone direct us to where the city water hookup is on the coach. Our previous Alpine coach had the hookup to city water and tank fill behind one door. There is nothing labeled on this coach that appears to have a city water hookup when parked in an RV park. Any thoughts?? Also, no we do not have manuals as we bought this used 6 weeks ago. Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6

jeromep
Explorer
Explorer
Of all the RV manuals I've ever seen, none of them has ever been as good as a manual that comes with a typical car or pickup truck. Most, if not all, of the manuals I've seen have been so generic that not having the manual wouldn't have been a significant loss.

That being said, you don't have any manual, so you are kind of on your own. My experience with Class As of this vintage is that fresh water tank fill is gravity fill, like a trailer, and you'll find your fresh water tank fill in a locked box on the side of the vehicle. I realize that isn't your issue, but, let's work through this by process of elimination. Once you have found that, the fresh water tank fill port, if the city water/park hookup isn't there, on to another compartment or hatch. This is where just walking around the coach looking for ports or access points is really important. Is there another small hatch on the side of the coach that might be key locked which you haven't explored. Maybe that is the city water hookup. The key here is to walk around your RV closely inspecting the sides of it for access ports which may be obscured by striping or paint jobs.

Again, general observation of Class As of this vintage, the wet bay, service compartment, or whatever terminology you wish to use to call it, should have most, if not all of the park service and sewer dump items all in one place. I would be very surprised if your city water hookup wasn't in the service compartment, but I think it unlikley. So, find the location of your sewer tube connection and/or your shore power connection and I bet the city water hookup will be nearby. Again, this may require some walking around the coach with all the basement doors open looking inside each basement compartment for anything jutting out of the walls or ceiling of the compartment. Also look for tells. Most service/wet compartments in the basement will have some kind of false floor or pipe/wire pass-thrus to make park hookups more elegant and allow the compartment door to close fully and even lock while wiring and hoses are connected to the rig. Did you find a basement compartment that basically is just a basement, but there happens to be a hole or access port through the floor of the compartment? Your city water hookup might be in that compartment and the pass-thru in the bottom of the compartment is where you are to route your freshwater hose.

A lot of the "getting to know you" phase of buying and using a used RV is figuring out where everything is, usually be chance and experiment. Sorry I couldn't just say "look here, it's there", but I think most used RV buyers go through this process for a few weeks after purchase before the RV becomes as comfortable to them as it was to the previous owner.

Happy camping!

Pavelich
Explorer
Explorer
Rgatijnet1 - Thank you, we will keep searching. The previous owner Definitely did many modifications. Thank you also for the EBAY suggestion.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
With a used RV you have to consider that the previous owner made some modifications to things that he did not find ideal. Perhaps he relocated the water inlet so that the hose came in under the basement, rather than a hook-up where the door is kept open a little. The water inlet will be in the same wet compartment as everything else but it may be facing down or located off to the side, etc. Sometimes it just takes some searching around. Since MoutainHigh ceased production in 2001 or so, about the only place you may find manuals is on eBay or through websites like this. Keep in mind that most all of your systems are NOT unique to MounatinHigh and most of the components are available from the specific manufacturers.

Pavelich
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Rgatijnet1. My husband said the only female connection down there is for the black water flush. We have the 3790 model. If you know where I could find manuals online for the coach that would be great. I have not been able to find any that would have come with the coach if purchased new.

Cavie, thanks but he “surely” did not find any other female connection Other than the black water flush.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Shurley, you can find a female hose connection somewhere in or near a wet bay.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are several different models of Residency coaches but one picture I saw online shows what appears to be a water hook-up on the driver's side, just aft of the slide. Look in that basement compartment and see if you can fine a female hose connection.