cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class A Tire Recommendation

PCronin68
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for class A tires for my 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 34B. Unfortunately my RV with 25k miles already needs tires. It is at Ford dealership for a general checkup. Dealership says it needs tie rods and king pins for front end along with 6 new tires ($2,900 w/out cost of tires). I have noticed that the tires are wearing on the outsides edges so I wasn't surprised. However, I am surprised all this work for a 2014 already. Dealership says the Goodyears that are on there now are $668 a piece. I am a FMCA member and they have Hancock, Continental and Michelin ranging from $305 to $430. Any thoughts?
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 34b
20 REPLIES 20

Bruce_Brown
^^^ 2 post above - YES!!!

Even if you have been abusing it not a chance in heck that thing needs new tie rods and king pins.

The Goodyears are known to river so don't let them tell you a worn out front end is causing it.

Someone is being a bit less than honest IMO.

As to the tires, Hancock & Continental make a nice tire, personally I'm not buying Michelins.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
A second opinion is needed, it is unrealistic for a six year old vehicle with 25,000 miles to need kingpins, etc.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I would get a second opinion on the front end work. unless you have been abusing it, I don't see an F53 needing tie rods and king pins at such low miles. especially on something that is used mostly on highways.

As far as tires....just shop around. Ive heard good things with the Hankooks.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
I have Toyos and am very happy. Replaced Michelins. About $300 per tire.

Al

PCronin68
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks...looks like FMCA has Hankook RV tires Model 3002314 245/70/R19.5 at $298 seems cheap. Not sure how they compare to others
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 34b

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
If you're talking about Hankook, they're good tires. If you're talking about Hancock, I'm not familiar with them.
Several years ago I replaced the Michelin tires on our 96 Southwind with Hankook. I think it is a better tire.