cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

coleman ac

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
one of my roof top ac stoped blowing cold could here the compressor try to kick in than kick off also had a burnt smell went up on the roof and saw the start compositor was burnt replaced compositor and all is well 22 dollars and 10 minutes time don't just replace your ac unit
2 REPLIES 2

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
THanks. I have a coleman and a half and I'll file that (The half is an Advent Air with Coleman fan)

My RV tec. told me that Colemans SUCK (Draw air in via the condenser and blow it out the side0 where as most others BLOW (Suck air in the sides and blow it out the condenser) What does this mean?

Well I had to clean the cottonwood cotton out a few weeks back

4 Bolts. Remove cover and set aside, Peal the cotton off, Replace cover and 4 bolts Job done.

THe new and old method with teh Advent (OLD exclosive is in prens like this)

Remove 10 screws and outer cover and set aside
(Remove inner cover by bending tabs and cutting tape.. I only removed half and bent it in a place where it was safe to bend.. Remove fan cause my hands are XXL) Peal crud off condennser, brush and blow (Replace innter cover bending tabs back down and re-taping) Replace outer cover and 10 screws.

Well then the China Bomb Fan blew up I put a coleman fan in so not it Sucks

So Remove cover, peal or blow clean replace cover works on the Advent now as well.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Same thing happened on mine a couple of years ago. First night at the campsite at 1 am. Trip canceled! Couldn't figure out what was burning since the fan blew the smell all around the rv. When home I removed A/C cover and found the problem. $30 buck fix. Burnt smell took forever to go away.

We have a trip planned to the same site next week. Went out today and the A/C breaker was tripped. Flipped it back on and come to find out the blower motor makes a loud screaming sound when starting. Turned breaker off and then back on and the blower motor hums but doesn't turn. Killed the power again and took off A/C inside cover. Found it's really hard to turn blower motor. Ordered new motor. Waiting on UPS Tuesday to leave after I install it!!!

I hope that's the fix.

I think future trips to this campground will have to be avoided. My A/C doesn't want to go there!!!