cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cost to repair or replace half a windshield?

genentina
Explorer
Explorer
We caught a stone into the right half or our windshield on our
'97 Georgie Boy Swinger, the type with a curved, sloped left half and
a right half. It formed a crack that has traveled 15 inches.

Is there a windshield repair that can be done at this point, or just
bite the bullet and get a replacement? I can't even imagine it is still available, although I've seen this style of sloped, curved windshield on dozens of different makes and models. It's gotta be expensive to replace, right?
Get off the phone and drive!
18 REPLIES 18

genentina
Explorer
Explorer
well I see we have a $2000 deductible so it'll likely be coming

out of my lunch money
Get off the phone and drive!

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Almost guaranteed your windshield is available and probably an insurance item less any glass deductible ( Florida is mandated as 0 deductible depends on state rules) Rv glass solutions
Can get one from their warehouses sent to an approved rv glass installer near you. There are other companies also that do the same.
Bill

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
genentina wrote:
We caught a stone into the right half or our windshield on our
'97 Georgie Boy Swinger, the type with a curved, sloped left half and
a right half. It formed a crack that has traveled 15 inches.

Is there a windshield repair that can be done at this point, or just
bite the bullet and get a replacement? I can't even imagine it is still available, although I've seen this style of sloped, curved windshield on dozens of different makes and models. It's gotta be expensive to replace, right?

file a claim with your auto insurance carrier. over the years we've had three windhsields replaced on two different motor homes with no out-of-pocket cost to us.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
You will have some numbers on your windshield which can be used to find a replacement and have it installed. There are several RV glass businesses that specialize in windshield replacement. I used RV Glass Solutions and they handled everything with the insurance company. Of course since I live in Florida my cost was zero. They have a webpage with contact info.