cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damon Ultrasport 36

Licreek
Explorer
Explorer
Well I just bit the bullit and put a deposit on a 1999 Damon Ultrasport 36 diesel pusher. Wondered if anyone has had experience with Damon product. I realize its older and each one needs to be checked over. It has 89k miles and is being sold by a dealer that claims it has been inspected. Also is there such a thing as a good extended service warranty for class A motorhomes? Thanks for any info.
4 REPLIES 4

jrclark
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Damon Ultrasport 3677 DP. Bought it in 2006 and now have almost 90,000 miles on it. I have been very happy with it and it has been trouble free except when the lift pump when out in the CAT diesel shortly after buying it. CAT had a 5 year warranty so no cost to repair. Always keep up on the maintenance. Ask for the maintenance records. I wish you well and enjoy.
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3677

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing is ever sure but Jim's advice seems good to me.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Don't believe the dealer. Shop around, check RVServiceReviews.com for a mobile RV tech, and read up on the dealer's shop...that will tell you something about their integrity.

Expect to pay up to $300 for an extensive inspection, and make sure the purchase won't be completed until the inspection comes back good.

And 'Service Contract's aren't usually any better than promises by the salesman. Besides, that '99 is going to be too old to be covered by a service contract (only a manufacturer can offer an 'extended warranty' so don't fool yourself into thinking there is such a thing for a used RV). Take the money you'd spend on one...if there was one, and put it into the bank. Add to it each year. You've now become self insured and will save thousands. Most likely.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has the dealer given you a copy of the inspection report? Talk is cheap. What was inspected?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad