cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dichor on Alpha Roof

Devoredude
Explorer
Explorer
Oops, another dumb move. Just bought a 07 Terra LX, have replaced tires, tow / brake wiring and installed a controller, lots of little things.

Sorry for the repost, think I put the original in the wrong catagory.

The shower roof skylight was broken, called fleetwood, they sent me the skylight, butyl tape, and alpha sealant. They said to use the Alpha instead of Dicor which I already have a few tubes of.

So I spend the better part of the morning, removed old skylight, prepped, put down tape, new skylight,and did a nice job (looks good) with the tube of sealant. Stupid, I used the Dicor tube I had on my bench, and I do not want to scrape all this off. I don't think it will cause any problems, but I have a new tube of Alpha and my brother said I should scrape off all the dicor and put on the Alpha.. NO thanks.

Anyone had any experience with problems with the Dicor self leveling sealant on an Alpha roof????

Thanks, wish I didn't stress on stupid little things, but I do.
07 Terra LX 31M Workhorse - Allison 6 spd

Honda CRF450R (FI)
Honda XR650R (Plated)
Yamaha 06 Rhino (wife)
Yamaha TTR125 (son)
Honda Rancher 4X Quad
1971 Bronco, 302, NP435, Lockers, etc.
1 REPLY 1

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The Dicor will "dry" out the plastic skylight. Fleetwood Towables (before they shut down) had a TSB about this problem and you had to use Alpha. What happens is the flange where you screw it down dries out and weather cracks and then leaks from the Dicor contac. It depends on what the replacement skylight covers are made of if you can use Dicor or Alpha. Alpha will work on all roof materials. Doug