dave_330
Explorer
Explorer
Any info on who uses them, witch ones are better than others, and cost
23 REPLIES 23

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
To answer your question... Wholesale Warranties seems to have the best reputation. Good Sam, also offers them. According to the above, Coach Net does too, but that is news to me.
None of them are inexpensive.
Cost is based on age, make, model, and miles on your coach.
Good luck with your decision. It's an insurance policy is all.
Do what helps you sleep better at night, not what others say.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
The metro Detroit area used to have a lot of RV dealer. Now very few.

If you buy and "extended" warranty, does that mean you get to move to the head of the line for repairs during peak season ?

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
If you decide to buy an extended warranty insurance policy, ask the dealer if they will furnish you with a blank copy so you can read it before deciding.

Then, if they give you one, look for the exclusions.

db7512
Explorer
Explorer
Coach Net offers a extended warranty and I found the price was very competitive. I was wrong on the windshield that was progressive. The plumbing issue they found a mobile tech and dispatched him to my site were he made the repair and I had to pay him the 100 dollar deductible and coach net covered the rest.
2016 Newmar Ventana
2016 Ford Edge

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
db7512 wrote:
I use Coach Net. We have used it twice and both times was very happy with the results. Once with a windshield,zero deductible and once a plumbing problem.

Coach Net is a roadside service. Did they do the actual windshield replacement/repair or actually fix the plumbing?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

db7512
Explorer
Explorer
I use Coach Net. We have used it twice and both times was very happy with the results. Once with a windshield,zero deductible and once a plumbing problem.
2016 Newmar Ventana
2016 Ford Edge

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
If it will make you feel comfortable wait 11 months when your one year warranties are about up and then shop online for what you want. Read the terms and compare carefully. We have recovered the cost on our most recent extended warranty, but would have been financially as well off had we NOT bought it and just paid for the repair. We are not renewing or shopping for another.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
I never had one. Saved my money. Paid for my own repairs and am money ahead.
They are a great money maker for the dealer. I'm told there are many exclusions in the fine print.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
dave_330 wrote:
Any info on who uses them, witch ones are better than others, and cost

we took a pass on extended warranties and instead set aside $X every month into a maintenance and repair fund. we salted that fund with an amount equal to the cost of the extended warranty we were offered. please at least consider that option.

IMO the only extended warranty we would ever consider would be one issued by the vehicle mfg and basically extends the mfg warranty. we had one of those on our '03 Jeep Wrangler. all of the others are merely insurance policies designed to separate you from your dollars.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle