cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fleetwood Excursion slide questions, manual process?

Offroadr
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious if anyone knows the manual slide process if your motor quits?

Not happened to be but curious 'just in case'

I have a '06 Excursion
5 REPLIES 5

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Offroadr wrote:
My dining slide is giving me fits, local repair place says a powergear replacement motor is $900 just for the parts! DAMN!

I have a buddy that owns an electric motor shop that is going to try and cross reference it for me

That's full retail.

There are many on EBay for hundreds less be sure you get the correct part number.
You should be able to call the coach maker to get the latest part number as sometimes they have specd a different motor (higher torque) than what's in there. Also PPL sells at 20-30% off.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Offroadr
Explorer
Explorer
My dining slide is giving me fits, local repair place says a powergear replacement motor is $900 just for the parts! DAMN!

I have a buddy that owns an electric motor shop that is going to try and cross reference it for me

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
2005. My BR slide cranks in from inside. Mine blew the fuse,too. Never has since.
The big slides work the same way. I found the motor and lever ; the 1/2 drive is on the side of the gearbox where the motor is mounted.

You must be stronger than me; I didn't think the slide was that easy to crank in.
Not super hard but not easy.

My kitchen slide failed at year four, replaced under ext warranty.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my 2005 39S Excursion I've cranked the bedroom slide in with a 1/2" ratchet from under the bed - very easy to do.

Big Katuna, it sounds like you cranked in your bedroom slide from the outside - what year is your Expedition? I've briefly looked for a similar crank on my larger slides, but haven't found one underneath the slide yet - need to do a little more looking.

To the OP, you should buy a couple of extra fuses for your bedroom slide. It uses the old style round fuses with glass centers. They're a slow blow fuse that are sometimes hard to find when you need them, but a regular fuse of similar amperage will work to get by. We've only blown it once and have no idea why it went, but we now have spare fuses.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
If like my Expedition with Powergear electric slides, you crawl underneath, disengage the brake on the end of the motor, which is a mechanical lever hiding under the rubber cap, then put a 1/2 drive ratchet in the housing and starting cranking.

I did my bedroom slide. I can't imagine cranking a big slide unless the gearing is different.